182 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 3, 2021, 2:18:07 PM11/3/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant.  Some other plants also like this, but not bear fruits.  So I think that these are male plants.  With kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Reserve Forest, Chathamattom, Ernakulam District, (Kochi) Kerala PIN:686671

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 04.07.2021, 02.20pm

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: small tree, erect, branches, hard stem 07 inches circumference, long lasting

Height: 03.5 meters

Leaves: alternate, ovate, apex, soft, strange smell when rubbing, size:18×9cm

Flower: racemose, 4 petals, diameter:02.5mm, off-white, bad/strange smell like allopathic tablet

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

182 Identify wild plant
20210704_142414.jpg
20210704_142658.jpg
20210704_142514.jpg
20210704_142434.jpg
20210704_142132.jpg
20210704_142233.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 3, 2021, 2:22:29 PM11/3/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210704_142837.jpg
20210704_142637.jpg
20210704_142742.jpg
20210704_142706.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 3, 2021, 2:38:36 PM11/3/21
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20210704_142902.jpg
20210704_142916.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 6, 2021, 12:28:24 PM11/6/21
to efloraofindia
It is very close to Nothapodytes nimmoniana, but only one difference, efi flowers have 5 petals.  With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2021, 2:27:58 AM11/14/21
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Yes, matches with images at Nothapodytes nimmoniana
Flowers have both 4 as well as 5 petals.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 14, 2021, 8:21:30 AM11/14/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Thank you very much for the ID confirmation of my plant. This ID get as coincidentally when ID confirmation and further searhing of Murdannia nimmoniana. With kind regards, Sam.