For ID 206010ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 20, 2010, 1:48:22 PM6/20/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture during Nature camp to the Nilgiri Biosphere
Reserve –in Avalanche- Kunda Forest Reserve-Mukurthi
Date/Time-13.5.10 ----9.10 am
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Avalanche- Kunda Forest
Reserve-Mukurthi Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- -----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- -------------Shrub
Height/Length- -----------------3meter
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-----Lengthy, Narrow around 3 inch
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- -- As seen in the picture
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG

tanay bose

Jun 20, 2010, 10:52:24 PM6/20/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Is it Hamelia patens?
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

R. Vijayasankar

Jun 20, 2010, 11:09:23 PM6/20/10
to tanay bose, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
This could be Cestrum elegans. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/butterflies/plants/pink_cestrum.htm called as Butterfly flower. Queen of the Night's sister!

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Jun 20, 2010, 11:24:14 PM6/20/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
I think you are right Vijaya Ji!!
Tanay

JM Garg

Nov 23, 2017, 1:51:15 AM11/23/17
to efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Vijayasankar Raman
I think more closer to images at Cestrum fasciculatum rather than those at Cestrum elegans
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG

JM Garg

Dec 6, 2019, 1:29:05 AM12/6/19
to efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Cestrum elegans as per difference in Factsheet1 and Factsheet2
Our efloras only mention Cestrum elegans

On Sunday, 20 June 2010 23:18:22 UTC+5:30, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram wrote:
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG