Hedaggal - a Kannada name of Knema attenuata (Wall. ex Hook.f. & Thomson) Warb.

Dinesh Valke

Jul 8, 2023, 9:07:23 AM7/8/23
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy
Dear Mahadewara ji,

Please help me with hedaggal, a Kannada name of Knema attenuata (Wall. ex Hook.f. & Thomson) Warb. in Kannada script.

  2. Banik, Dipanwita & Bora, Priyankush. (2016). A taxonomic study on the diversity of Indian Knema Lour. (Myristicaceae). Taiwania. 61. 141-158. 10.6165/tai.2016.61.141.
  3. Forests of Karnataka - A Panaromic View - by Dipak Sarmah
  4. Forest Trees of South India by S.G. Neginhal IFS

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Jul 8, 2023, 10:57:18 AM7/8/23
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy
Dear Mahadeswara ji,
In another useful reference - Kulkarni, Satish. (2016). Tree Wealth of KTR the name listed is heddegal instead of hedaggal.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jul 17, 2023, 6:17:20 AM7/17/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Mahadeswara Swamy, DineshValke
Thanks, Dinesh ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

M Swamy

Jul 17, 2023, 8:01:31 AM7/17/23
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
  • Dear Dinesh ji,
  • Sorry for the delay.   I had totally forgotten .   The message by Garg ji   acknowledging your communication  reminded me .   I am offering my comments as follows :
  • Kannada name "Hedaggal" is written as 'ಹೆಡಗ್ಗಲ್' in Kannada script.
  • Thanking you & Garg ji,
  • With Regards,

M Swamy

Dinesh Valke

Jul 17, 2023, 9:41:24 AM7/17/23
to M Swamy, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you, Mahadeswara ji, for this help with the name.
Will shortly incorporate the name in my notes.
Regards.
Dinesh