PM01-0108202- id confirmation from Pangi valley, HP. is it Sambucus nigra?

Pardeep Mor

Aug 1, 2021, 8:05:07 AM8/1/21
to efloraofindia
Dear all
Presenting a few images of a very common plant species I came across in Pangi valley, HP.
Initially, I thought it was some Angelica sp. as both the plants were found growing together at several places. Further evaluation of images suggest that it is close to Sambucus nigra. Please confirm
Habit- large umbelliferous herb with bright white flowers
Habitat- roadside, rock slopes
Altitude- 2600-3000m
Location- commonly seen along the roadside enroute Killar- Kishtwar, and other subvalleys in Pangi, Chamba, Himachal Pradesh.
Date- July 2021
m_DSC_0752.JPG
m_DSC_0753.JPG
m_DSC_0758.JPG
m_DSC_0759.JPG
m_DSC_0755.JPG
m_DSC_0760.JPG

Pardeep Mor

Aug 4, 2021, 2:17:39 AM8/4/21
to efloraofindia
--
Pardeep K. Mor
Research Scholar

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 4, 2021, 4:27:33 AM8/4/21
to efloraindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg
Top three leaves leads to Sambucus wightiana Wall.
Please cross verify.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Pardeep Mor

Aug 4, 2021, 8:41:55 AM8/4/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, J.M. Garg