Thunbergia For ID : Mumbai : 18AUG15 : AK-33 : 33/33

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 18, 2015, 6:25:03 AM8/18/15
to efloraofindia
Thunbergia climber seen in a cultivated garden in Mumbai.
Is it T.laurifolia or T. grandiflora?
How to distinguish the two?
Aarti
P1360477.JPG
P1360478.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2015, 8:05:11 AM8/21/15
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi pages on Thunbergia laurifolia & Thunbergia grandiflora

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

P1360477.JPG
P1360478.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2015, 8:53:24 AM8/21/15
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Aarti S. Khale

Aug 22, 2015, 12:18:44 PM8/22/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Garg Ji, Mahadeswara Ji,
Thanks for the id and making me aware of the differences between the two Species.
Regards,
Aarti