... fruits of a climber

Dinesh Valke

Aug 31, 2009, 10:19:28 AM8/31/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Dear friends,

ID please.
The fruits are about 10 cm long.

Place: Yeoor Hills
Date: 30 AUG 09

Regards.
P1030243.jpg
P1030242.jpg

Neil Soares

Aug 31, 2009, 12:17:26 PM8/31/09
to Indian Tree Pix, Dinesh Valke
Hi Dinesh,
   They are the fruit of the Green Milkweed Climber [Wattakaka volubilis / Dregea volubilis].
                         Regards,
                           Neil.

--- On Mon, 8/31/09, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00

Satish Phadke

Sep 1, 2009, 9:15:56 AM9/1/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Wattakaka volubilis again
Hirandodi in Marathi  ?may be beacause the fruits look like antlers of deer.......My guess may not be true.
Dr Phadke

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Rutuja Dhamale

Sep 2, 2009, 12:37:22 AM9/2/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
It is Vattakaka sp..

Swagat

Sep 2, 2009, 3:39:12 AM9/2/09
to Satish Phadke, Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Dr. Satishji,

You are right...

'Wattakaka volubills' / 'Dregea volubilis' is called 'Hirandodi' 'हिरणदोडी' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568.

Rutuja Dhamale

Sep 2, 2009, 5:38:51 AM9/2/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Yup 'Wattakaka volubills' and it is a food plant of Blue tiger butterflies.