Graham's Ground Sorrell (Senecio grahamii)

pranad patil

May 21, 2009, 11:12:55 AM5/21/09
to indiantreepix
Hi all,

This is my first post on the group. So I am starting with a common plant.

English Name: Graham's Ground Sorrell
Scientific Name: Senecio grahamii
Indian Name: Sonki (Marathi)
Place: Satara, Maharashtra
Date: 29 Sep, 2007
Comments: This common herb is found on all slopes and fields on our plateau. They bloom after the rain starts and continue blooming for some time even after the rain stop. On an average the plant grows to an height of about 2.5 feet.

Cheers,
Pranad Patil
Sonki.jpg

Dinesh Valke

May 21, 2009, 11:25:12 AM5/21/09
to pranad patil, indiantreepix
... thank you very much, Pranad.
Regards.

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 21, 2009, 12:48:17 PM5/21/09
to pranad patil, indiantreepix
Your warm Welcome in this excellent group.
Regard
Devendra Bhardwaj

Date: 29 Sep, 2007
Comments: This common herb is found on all slopes and fields on our plateau. They bloom after the rain starts and continue blooming for some time even after the rain stop. On an average the plant grows to an height of about 2.5 feet.

Cheers,
Pranad Patil

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Rajesh Sachdev

May 22, 2009, 9:05:07 AM5/22/09
to indiantreepix
ThanksPranad for your posting,here in Mumbai monsoon has just knocked our doors,we are waiting  to photograph these flowers in Sahyadri.

Regards
Rajesh Sachdev
www.rajesh-sachdev.blogspot.com