¿ Physalis joe-diasii ?

Dinesh Valke

Aug 20, 2009, 12:48:39 PM8/20/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Hello friends,

I am believing this to be Physalis joe-diasii ... the only (pictorial) reference - http://iscmumbai.maharashtra.gov.in/floristic%20survey.html

Place: Ghodbunder Road, Thane
Date: 23 AUG 08

Please validate the ID.

Regards.
2789953086_d82a2b0ae7_b.jpg

Prashant awale

Aug 20, 2009, 10:38:08 PM8/20/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Dear Dinesh,

This could be Physalis minima (Little gooseberry).
(Page 84 of "Common Indian Wild Flowers by Shri Issac Kehimkar).

best wishes
Prashant

Pardeshi S.

Aug 21, 2009, 2:40:42 AM8/21/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Dinesh Ji and Prashant Ji
this plant is discovered by Mr and Mrs. Almeida. its diagosintic
feature is the leaf with dentate margin, deeply U-shaped indentation,
with short pointed serration.
this was collected from SGNP, Borivali.
ref: Physalis joe-diasii Almeida & Almeida, Fl. Mah. 3: 369, 2001.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

Prashant awale wrote:
> Dear Dinesh,
>
> This could be Physalis minima (Little gooseberry).
> (Page 84 of "Common Indian Wild Flowers by Shri Issac Kehimkar).
>
> best wishes
> Prashant
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > I am believing this to be *Physalis joe-diasii* ... the only (pictorial)

Dinesh Valke

Aug 21, 2009, 2:49:04 AM8/21/09
to Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Thank you very much for validating the ID, Satish ji.
The leaves, I find are strikingly beautiful.

Dear Prashant: Hoping you see the difference.

Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Aug 21, 2009, 2:58:16 AM8/21/09
to Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Satish ji, the epithet joe-diasii is named for which personality ? any idea ?

Satish Phadke

Aug 21, 2009, 9:24:42 AM8/21/09
to Dinesh Valke, Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Thanks Dinesh ji, Prashant ji and Satish ji for the interesting picture and information.
Dr Phadke

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

K. S. Mahar

Jun 8, 2016, 7:23:20 AM6/8/16
to efloraofindia, satishp...@gmail.com
Dear Dinesh Sir, can u send me this plant or leave tissue. Please send me more information about this plant.
Thanking you
With best regards
Kamalesh S. Mahar

Dinesh Valke

Jun 8, 2016, 10:47:25 AM6/8/16
to K. S. Mahar, efloraofindia, Satish Pardeshi
Dear Kamalesh ji, that sighting was long way back in 2008; after which I have never met this plant any where else. The earlier site, which was an untended place near a temple, has now a concrete floor. If I come across this plant, will keep you posted.
Regards.
Dinesh

Satish N. Pardeshi

Jun 16, 2016, 4:57:26 AM6/16/16
to Dinesh Valke, K. S. Mahar, efloraofindia
Dear Kamlesh jee
i had  observed this plant at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai during 2006-2008. it was near the recreation area and along the stream near the bridge.
this may be of your help.

regards

Satish pardeshi

EACH ONE.... PLANT ONE...