Rose Apple

Yazdy Palia

Jun 1, 2010, 3:24:54 AM6/1/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Attaching herewith pictures of Rose Apple. Also copying some links.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syzygium_jambos
http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/roseapple.html
You have been sent 3 pictures.

DSCN2661.TIF
DSCN2662.TIF
DSCN2667.JPG

DSCN2661.jpg
DSCN2662.jpg
DSCN2667.JPG

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 9:02:46 AM6/1/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
i love this fruit very much only available in summer in has has a lovely fragnance.
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 1, 2010, 9:05:31 AM6/1/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
tanay
Now give a list of fruits you don't like. I think your list would be big Zero.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 9:42:39 AM6/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Yes it will be I love all fruits !!!
Tanay

mani nair

Jun 1, 2010, 11:00:36 AM6/1/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Yazdyji,   I have seen a pink and long variety of this fruit in Thailand.  But our fruit is more tasty.
 Tanayji, we are on the same boat,  I also love fruits very much.

Regards,

Mani.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Yazdy Palia <yazdy...@gmail.com> wrote:

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 11:02:30 AM6/1/10
to mani nair, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Thanks for being my partner Mani ji
tanay

Yazdy Palia

Jun 1, 2010, 11:12:01 AM6/1/10
to mani nair, indiantreepix
Hello Mani ji,
We did have the pink variety, however, we do not have it any more .The
original plant (yellow) is no more but thanks to birds, it has been
dispersed all over and we have a couple of these in our farm and
plenty in the neighboring forests. It is these birds that will save
our forests by dispersing seeds of many a fruit in the forest which
man converted into just plain teak plantations. Thanks to the
elephants, we now see a couple of jack fruit trees in the forest too.
Regards
Yazdy.

Neil Soares

Jun 1, 2010, 12:57:58 PM6/1/10
to mani nair, tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Hi,
  My photographs of Love Apple [Syzygium jambos]. They were taken at my friends farm at  Kolad.
                          With regards,
                            Neil Soares.

Jun 1, 2010, 1:10:12 PM6/1/10
to Neil Soares, mani nair, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear Mr. Neil Soares Ji,
I too have this plant but the fruit does not have the fragrance of Rose. It is slightly sour. I have both the white variety as well as the red one. The seeds are very much like that of The Rose apple that I know. There seems to be some confusion. If you go through the link that I had copied to my mail, you will find that Rose apple is a name given to several fruits. I guess the experts in our group will have to discuss the matter.
Regards
Yazdy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syzygium_jambos

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 1:50:29 PM6/1/10
to Yazdy Palia, Neil Soares, mani nair, indiantreepix
Dear Neil ji,
This not S jambos this what we call in Bengali as "Jamrul" or in English it is referred to as wax apple, love apple or  java apple scientific name of this plant is Syzygium samarangense (syn. Eugenia javanica) .
Regards
Tanay

Neil Soares

Jun 1, 2010, 1:56:20 PM6/1/10
to Yazdy Palia, tanay bose, mani nair, indiantreepix
Hi,
 Fair enough. I stand corrected.
                  Regards,