Anisomeles heyneana

Rajesh Sachdev

Dec 4, 2009, 3:11:18 AM12/4/09
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs
Name of Species: Anisomeles heyneana
Common Name:   Western Hill Catmint (English) Chandhara/Gopali (Hindi/Marathi)
Family: Laminaceae
Conservation status: NA
Photographed: 01st Dec., 2009
Location: Catchment of Bhoj Dam, Badlapur, Maharashtra
Camera: OLYMPUS SP570UZ
Lens: OLYMPUS ED LENS AF ZOOM 4.6 - 92 mm, 1:2.8 - 4.6
Description:  A hairy annual herb, common at forest edge and roadside, but never abundant . Seen from coast to hills . Flowers are pollinated by bees , wasps & ants.
Flowering: October - November

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Parjanya guru

Dec 4, 2009, 5:16:55 AM12/4/09
to Rajesh Sachdev, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs

Dear Rajeshjee

HAPPY TO SEE THE ENDEMIC PLANT ..

....there's one interesting character in this species that  we observed in the specimen from Karnataka..
The upper pair of stamens with monothecous anther and the lower pair with dithecous anthers..this character confuses much in deciding the plant at the genus level..

the same is mentioned by Haines also in his flora..

.. May I know whether the same character is found in you plant.?