Waghchora flowering

Neil Soares

Sep 22, 2010, 9:42:10 AM9/22/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com

Hi,

  Was at my farm at Shahapur today. Waghchora [Pecteilis gigantea] the Queen of ground orchids was flowering. This one stood 53 inches tall.

  Had posted photographs of one last year that topped the bar at 48 inches.

.http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/search?hl=en&group=indiantreepix&q=Pecteilis+gigantea&qt_g=Search+this+group

                  Sending a few photographs.

                                With regards,

                                   Neil Soares.

Pecteilis gigantea 1.jpg
With Commelina-leaved Habenaria.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea 3.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea 4.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea 5.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea 6.jpg
Pecteilis gigantea 7.jpg
Standing 53 inches tall.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Sep 22, 2010, 9:47:48 AM9/22/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
very beautiful Neil jee.
thanks for sharing .

mani nair

Sep 22, 2010, 9:51:02 AM9/22/10
to ajinkya gadave, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Beautiful flower Mr. Neil.  Your farm is a Wild life Sanctuary.

Regards,

Mani.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 22, 2010, 10:03:52 AM9/22/10
to mani nair, ajinkya gadave, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Really nice one

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 22, 2010, 11:14:37 AM9/22/10
to mani nair, ajinkya gadave, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
This is great. Gigantic in real sense. Thanks for sharing. Few days back there was an article shared by some where they talked about this natural beauty being lost from wild in and around Pune.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Smita Raskar

Sep 22, 2010, 1:55:25 PM9/22/10
to Pankaj Kumar, mani nair, ajinkya gadave, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
thats my fv most beautiful fragrant orchid..i have seen 15 Pecteilis  plants that day in forest all were having buds
I will again go there to watch those beauties...you are so lucky Neil they are in your farm..take care of these plants ..never allow it to go
--
Smita raskar
M.Sc.(Botany), B.Ed.

Padmini Raghavan

Sep 22, 2010, 2:19:50 PM9/22/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Neil,
What a beauty! And in such a rich green setting !
It's amazing the number of beautiful treasures you have on the property. Have any of them been introduced or did nature do it all?
Regards,
Padmini Raghavan.

Neil Soares

Sep 23, 2010, 12:20:14 AM9/23/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Thank you Ms.Raghavan. As mine is a reasonably protected natural environment, have over the years contributed to the native flora and fauna.
                        Regards,
                          Neil Soares.