North Bengal wildflower-ID Request 1 - 15May09-SJ

Sushmita Jha

May 15, 2009, 12:16:25 PM5/15/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
here is my first post for today.
Thank you.
Sushmita

Wildflower ID-north bengal, Oct08- 233.jpg

Prashant awale

May 15, 2009, 12:24:04 PM5/15/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Its "Anisomeles malabarica"

Sushmita Jha

May 15, 2009, 12:36:19 PM5/15/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thank you very much for your prompt help with the ID.
sushmita

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 15, 2009, 10:30:56 PM5/15/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Hello,
  It is Anisomeles indica.Also known as Anisomeles ovata.Here link www.treknature.com/.../India/photo135216.htm
With Regard
Devendra Bhardwaj

May 16, 2009, 1:39:00 AM5/16/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix
Thank you, Devendra-ji. I saw the photo on treknatre - while there are differences in the size/colour of flower and the lack of denseness of the stalk, the two essentially appear to be the same. I am not at all knowledgeable about plants/flowers so please do excuse when i express my own observations/perceptions from photos.
Regards,
sushmita