CHILEAN RHUBARB Gunnera tinctoria

Satish Phadke

Sep 30, 2011, 6:49:39 AM9/30/11
to indiantreepix
Now each one is counting.
Though I am far behind I would like to post this unique plant as my 200th post of the month.
CHILEAN RHUBARB Gunnera tinctoria
Family Gunneraceae. Native of Chile.
This was observed and captured from San Francisco botanical garden in Jun 2011.
I was lucky to see this plant in blossom.
Description details in one picture itself.
Regards
Satish

--
Dr Satish Phadke
_MG_1395s.jpg

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 30, 2011, 6:53:31 AM9/30/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Congrats for the post!!
And nice collection of massive leaves of Rhubarb!!!
--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2011, 7:02:15 AM9/30/11
to Bhatt Sweta, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Shweta ji not the real rhubarb, eaten raw as fruit: Rheum rhabarbarum

This is Chilean Rhubarb, introduced as ornamental but now become a nasty weed in many parts of the world.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 9:18:41 AM9/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Bhatt Sweta, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Satish Ji your one post is so big = equal to 100. So large size leaves.
Anyway thanks a lot for sharing
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Prashant awale

Sep 30, 2011, 2:45:44 PM9/30/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, Bhatt Sweta, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thats Fantastic. Thanks Satish ji for this post.
Regards
Prashant

Na Bha

Oct 1, 2011, 7:17:53 AM10/1/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thank you Satishji for this Foto.
I had made Fotos of a plant in Chile in March 2010, but did not know the name. I think mines are  CHILEAN RHUBARB too.
I shall post mines in a separate mail.
Regards
Nalini