Reminder for ID-01032010SC3

shobha chavda

Mar 6, 2010, 1:41:14 AM3/6/10
to indiantreepix

Hallo Friends,

Reminding once again for  ID –  01032010SC3

Date / Time – 17 th Jan. 2010 / 2.57 pm

Location – Place /Altitude / GPS –  Near Ramboda Falls,Sri Lanka.About 1000m.above sea-level

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Garden

Plant Habit – Tree/Shrub / Climber /Herb – Shrub

Height /Length – About 4 ft.

Leaves Type / Shape / Size – Linear-lanceolate.

Inflorescence Type /Size –

Flowers Size /Colour /Calyx – petals lavander.

Fruits Type /Shape /Size / Seeds –

Other Information like Fragrance,Pollinator,Uses etc – The inner portion of flower shape  and colour reminded me of  Martynia annua,(although I know its not Martynia )

Thanx,

Shobha

Copy of Sri Lanka 252.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 6, 2010, 2:11:27 AM3/6/10
to shobha chavda, indiantreepix
Hi Shobha Ji,
I hope this plant is Pleione Barcena (Pln. formosana x Pln. praecox ) from family Orchidaceae.

Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Mithilesh K. Pathak

Mar 7, 2010, 5:33:43 AM3/7/10
to efloraofindia, subirband...@yahoo.com
I belive this Arundina graminifolia Hochr. (Orchidaceae). A tropical
ground orchid. Common in Arunachal Pradesh as well.

Mithilesh K. Pathak
Botanical Survey of India
Kolkata
mithi...@yahoo.com
+91 9432358311

>  Copy of Sri Lanka 252.jpg
> 190KViewDownload

shobha chavda

Mar 8, 2010, 6:30:32 AM3/8/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Thanx Tanayaji,
 It looks like Pleione,but not sure about the species.
Regards,
Shobha

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 13, 2010, 4:59:30 PM7/13/10
to indiantreepix
This is Arundina graminifolia for sure...
Pleione is always supposed to have single leaf above a small bulb I assume.....
Regards
Pankaj

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Dr. Pankaj Kumar