SK1560 12 Nov 2018

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 12, 2018, 2:57:37 AM11/12/18
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members

Location:  Dahachowk, Switzerland Park, Kathmandu,,Nepal
Date: 29 September 2018
Elevation: 5600 ft.
Habit : Wild

Which Scrophulariaceae :?? Torenia  ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
_DSC0956.JPG
_DSC0958.JPG
_DSC0960.JPG
_DSC0961.JPG
_DSC0955.JPG
_DSC0965.JPG
_DSC0966.JPG
_DSC0967.JPG
_DSC0968.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 14, 2018, 8:38:48 AM11/14/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Dec 2, 2018, 9:43:31 AM12/2/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Pl. check possibility of Torenia thouarsii (Cham. & Schltdl.) Kuntze along with other species.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

_DSC0956.JPG
_DSC0958.JPG
_DSC0960.JPG
_DSC0961.JPG
_DSC0955.JPG
_DSC0965.JPG
_DSC0966.JPG
_DSC0967.JPG
_DSC0968.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 24, 2018, 11:53:43 PM12/24/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Pl. check possibility of Torenia thouarsii (Cham. & Schltdl.) Kuntze along with other species.

Dec 27, 2018, 7:14:13 AM12/27/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

It is too much hairy. I could not find the match.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 15, 2019, 10:19:24 AM1/15/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
I have checked all species in Checklist of Nepal
These do not match with species already there in efi site at Torenia‎ except for closeness with Torenia thouarsii (Cham. & Schltdl.) Kuntze

There is one species which is not represented so far in efi site: Torenia diffusa D.Don.
But its specimens look different from posted plant as per

To me matches with existing images at Torenia thouarsii (Cham. & Schltdl.) Kuntze
Pl. also see

So in the above circumstances, Torenia thouarsii (Cham. & Schltdl.) Kuntze is the best choice.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 15, 2019, 2:05:36 PM1/15/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Torenia violacea (Azaola ex Blanco) Pennell ??

I guess  the description, flowering season and elevation matching to Torenia violacea .
And T. thouarsii not listed in Nepal.

Need to check this sp. in the FoI.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 30, 2019, 2:53:46 AM1/30/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Appears totally different from images at Torenia violacea

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 14, 2021, 4:52:26 AM10/14/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
  • Vandellia hookeri C.B.Clarke ex Hook.f. Syn : Lindernia hookeri (C.B.Clarke ex Hook.fil.) Wettst.

    Please validate !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 20, 2021, 3:47:43 AM10/20/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
No. Looks different as per POWO specimens- one and two.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 27, 2022, 4:38:32 AM11/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg ,

I have posted one image from this post and one from Pokhara on facebook.
One Botanist from Nepal and one from India, Prasad M Govindan have
suggested the ID as Torenia hookeri (C. B. Clarke ex Hook. fil.) A. Pal & M. Chowdhury,
which looks correct. If so we need to revise all this sp. from efi.
By the way I have, earlier, suggested its syn : Vandellia hookeri C.B.Clarke ex Hook.f.
and Lindernia hookeri (C.B.Clarke ex Hook.fil.) Wettst.
Please have a look !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 5, 2022, 10:39:10 AM12/5/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Yes, you appear to be right as per GBIF specimen- one and two and as per link.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju