Herb for Id 210310Jm1

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2010, 12:23:27 PM3/20/10
to efloraofindia

Date/Time- on 13/9/09

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- in rocky area in Keesaragutta in Rangareddy distt. of A.P.

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb

Height/Length- around 15 cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- White

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

For Id Herb I IMG_1665.jpg
For Id Herb I2 IMG_1665.jpg
For Id Herb I IMG_1664.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 20, 2010, 12:39:38 PM3/20/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Garg Ji,
This plant is Houstonia nigricans (Lam.) Fern [Synonym: Hedyotis nigricans (Lam.) Fosb.] from the family Rubiaceae.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2010, 1:22:07 PM3/20/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks, Tanay ji,
You seems to have cracked a long pending Id as per link:

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2010, 1:25:50 PM3/20/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh
Here is a link of Houstonia nigricans from Missouri Plants:

tanay bose

Mar 20, 2010, 2:35:34 PM3/20/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, Gurcharan Singh
Dear Garg Ji,
Thanks ....... It was a pleasure for me that I could help out and correctly identified a plant.Your last set of photos were better than this set , in this set the floral character was not well represented. Only the interpetiolar stipule ..led me to the family Rubiaceae and narrowed down my search. Anyways the we succeed is our task that's important for me.
Regards
Tanay

JM Garg

Aug 18, 2019, 3:07:37 AM8/18/19
to efloraofindia
I think it looks more close to images at Oldenlandia umbellata L.
For Id Herb I IMG_1665.jpg
For Id Herb I2 IMG_1665.jpg
For Id Herb I IMG_1664.jpg