Are these Cinquefoil?

Nirupa Subramanyan

Sep 28, 2010, 11:44:42 AM9/28/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i have four photgraphs here, two of yellow flowers, one is a red one,
and one is of buds which could be of the red flower. I feel at least
one of the yellow ones is a variant of Cinquefoil, but am not sure of
the other one.

These are also in Chamoli, Uttarakhand, seen around 12-14000ft asl

thank you in advance!

Nirupa

Red buds.JPG
Red flower.JPG
Yellow 1.JPG
Yellow 2.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 28, 2010, 1:08:06 PM9/28/10
to Nirupa Subramanyan, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Nirupa ji

It is Potentilla atrosanguinea with two varieties var. atrosanguinea (red flowers) and var. argyrophylla (yellow flowers).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nirupa