Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack :: Waghbil, Thane :: Jun 10, 2007 · JUN23 DV358

Dinesh Valke

Jun 18, 2023, 1:42:15 PM6/18/23
to efloraofindia
Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack
Waghbil, Thane :: Jun 10, 2007 · 2:41 PM IST :: about 3 m (10 ft) asl

Many thanks to Radha Veach for validating the ID at iNaturalist.
Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack
Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack
Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack
Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack
Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack
Regards.
Dinesh

Anil Thakur

Jun 18, 2023, 11:47:42 PM6/18/23
to eFloraofIndia
We used to eat it's fruits in childhood.
Regards

Dinesh Valke

Jun 18, 2023, 11:55:53 PM6/18/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
That's very nice to know, Anil ji.Did not know about its edibility !!
Regards.
Dinesh

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Jun 19, 2023, 12:03:38 AM6/19/23
to efloraofindia
Fruits are sweetish and peppery in taste, while the leaves are peppery. We used to chew and spit the leaves as mouth freshner.

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Jun 19, 2023, 12:05:51 AM6/19/23
to efloraofindia
Flowers make the surroundings fragrant.
Regards

Dinesh Valke

Jun 19, 2023, 1:04:43 AM6/19/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the fragrance of flowers is well-known. Pleasant scent.
In the wilderness, the scent spreads over a large area.
I read about the edibility of fruits on the internet. Interesting. Read that the berries are used to make pickles and jams. Leaves are even used in tea !
Many thanks, Anil ji, for the information.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Jun 19, 2023, 9:11:29 AM6/19/23