Double butterfly pea - Clitoria ternatea

narendra joshi

May 22, 2009, 3:15:10 AM5/22/09
to Indiantrees
Dear Friends,

Double butterfly pea - Clitoria ternatea (Gokarni - Marathi) flower.

Narendra Joshi

Clitoria ternatea.jpg
Gokarna 2.jpg

Devendra Bhardwaj

May 22, 2009, 7:20:00 AM5/22/09
to narendra joshi, Indiantrees
Hello Joshi ji;
             There are two more variety White & blue.It is known As APARAJITA.It has medicinal as well as Vastu importance.
There is link-
Regard
Devendra Bhardwaj

--- On Fri, 22/5/09, narendra joshi <nare...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel Click here!

Madhuri Pejaver

May 22, 2009, 9:19:53 AM5/22/09
to narendra joshi, Devendra Bhardwaj, Indiantrees

Dear all
white and blue varities i had seen from my childhood and also the multiflower send on the mail.
but 2 days before first time i saw a violet varity. did not have the camera, but will take picture sometime and send.
i donot know whether anyone else also have seen this violet colour varity.
in Marathi called as Gokarna because the flower looks like a cows year.
madhuri

--- On Fri, 22/5/09, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Explore and discover exciting holidays
> and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel
> Click here!

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel http://in.travel.yahoo.com/

Sushmita Jha

May 22, 2009, 11:42:42 AM5/22/09
to Madhuri Pejaver, narendra joshi, Devendra Bhardwaj, Indiantrees
Dear all,
I have seen the violet variety - light coloured, and more lilac. I have never seen the multiflower variety and the photographs are lovely. Aparajita is a flower which is supposed to be Shiva's and Krishna's favourite. This is only hearsay and visual memory from my childhood - thats if my grandmother/mother did such things right!
Sushmita Jha