Creeper for ID

Sangeeta Das

Mar 25, 2009, 9:30:03 AM3/25/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I got this pretty flowering creeper from the nursery, but the gardener posted there couldn't give me the proper name of the plant..

need an ID for this.

cheers
S Dutta

--
"Fear less/ Love more; Eat less/Taste more; Regret less/Hope more; shout less/Listen more; Do less/Be more"
purple creeper.jpg

Suresh C. Sharma

Mar 25, 2009, 9:33:16 AM3/25/09
to Sangeeta Das, indian...@googlegroups.com
It is Petrea volubilis.
Suresh C Sharma

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2009, 11:13:24 PM3/25/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, Sangeeta Das, indian...@googlegroups.com
More details from Indiantreepix Database:
Petrea volubilis (Syn. Petrea kohautiana) Verbenaceae  Queen's Wreath, Purple Wreath, Sandpaper Vine or Bluebird Vine, Nilmani on 28/2/08 in Kolkata; in Sipna near Sinhgad Pune on 8th Feb 2009; at Shalini Palace, Kolhapur- Feb.'09?; Mumbai- 1/3/09; Queen's Wreath, Purple Wreath, Sandpaper Vine (Petrea volubilis) msg Kshounish - indiantreepix | Google Groups Petrea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ID02022009phk - indiantreepix | Google Groups Petrea volubilis - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Mar 26, 2009, 10:43:00 AM3/26/09
to Sangeeta Das, indian...@googlegroups.com
Petrea volubilis. woody ceeper, very large and hardy. Flowers in spring.
akbhatt
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road