Magnolia Campbellii from Srinagar gardens

Narendra Joshi

Jun 22, 2011, 12:35:54 AM6/22/11
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,
Magnolia Campbellii tree from Srinagar gardens. The flower size is
around 25 cm very big one. with pleasant fragrance. Pl validate.

--
With Regards,
Narendra Joshi

Magnolia Campbellii 2.jpg
Magnolia Campbellii 3.jpg
Magnolia Campbellii 4.jpg

Vijayasankar

Jun 22, 2011, 12:06:33 PM6/22/11
to Narendra Joshi, indiantreepix
I think, it is a cultivar of Magnolia grandiflora.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 24, 2011, 11:07:50 AM6/24/11
to Vijayasankar, Narendra Joshi, indiantreepix
Yes Magnolia grandiflora, very common in Moghul Gardens in Kashmir

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Jun 27, 2011, 7:26:46 AM6/27/11
to efloraofindia

Yes this is Magnolia grandiflora....
one of my most favorite trees for their spectacular flowers...
beautiful to look at, great aroma, subtle; and makes a great subject
for drawing/paintings and stained glass windows now jewelry... and
embroidery...

NOT Magnolia campbelli, I used to have one...

to my great pleasure and some surprise am finding this tree in all
kinds of places in India...
In the Hort garden Kolkata..

Azimgunz West bengal in Temple gardens, beautiful flowers ...
photographed them...

Murshidabad estates that are 400 years old (estates, do not know how
old the trees are)

and yesterday found one in a Jharkhand garden of a temple...
seemed to be a young 8-10 year old, did not have flowers or buds,
raining very hard...

Usha di