Request for ID 270809GS

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 27, 2009, 11:14:29 AM8/27/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Sending for ID 270809GS

Photographed from Delhi Ridge on 27-8-09. The only thing I can say that flowers remind me of Corchorus, but leaves are Pinnate compound.

Gurcharan Singh
270809GS!.jpg
270809GS2.jpg
270809GS3.jpg

Nayan Singh

Aug 27, 2009, 10:46:36 PM8/27/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
looks like Cassia klanii, a wild guess
thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Photographed from Delhi Ridge on 27-8-09. The only thing I can say that flowers remind me of Corchorus, but leaves are Pinnate compound.

Gurcharan Singh

Pardeshi S.

Aug 28, 2009, 1:00:34 AM8/28/09
to indiantreepix
Check for Cassia uniflora-Caesalpinaceae

regards
Satish Pardeshi

Nayan Singh wrote:
> looks like Cassia klanii, a wild guess
> thanks
>  N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> Chief Conservator of Forests
> and Field Director
> Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> M.P.
> 09424792100

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 28, 2009, 7:33:35 AM8/28/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Today I studied this plant. It was identified as Cassia pumila. Nayan Ji, thanks for for nearly correct guess. I had never seen such small flowers in Cassia, so got confused intitially, but resolved it today.

Gurcharan Singh