369 ID wild plant Spermacoce

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 25, 2022, 7:57:29 AM9/25/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 23SEP2022, 12.05pm

Habitat: wild moisture, no sunlight rocky misty hill, wind

Plant habit: small shrub, erect branches, hard quadrangular grooved silver stem, cylindrical lite flaked base diameter 20mm, perennial

Height: 04.5 feet

Leaves: opposite, elliptic, acute, soft glossy, size upto:12×5cm

Flower: axillary whorled racemose, diameter:03.5mm, white, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20220923120517_IMG_1725.JPG
20220923120700_IMG_1730.JPG
20220828132547_IMG_0710.JPG
20220923120457_IMG_1724.JPG
20220828132846_IMG_0717.JPG
20220923120358_IMG_1722.JPG
20220923120849_IMG_1733.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 25, 2022, 8:01:01 AM9/25/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220828133306_IMG_0729.JPG
20220828133111_IMG_0723.JPG
20220828133351_IMG_0731.JPG
20220828133334_IMG_0730.JPG
20220828133052_IMG_0722.JPG
20220828132928_IMG_0718.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2022, 8:03:11 AM9/25/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji.
Maybe a new addition to our site.
Do not remember seeing this.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 25, 2022, 8:03:17 AM9/25/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220828133515_IMG_0733.JPG
20220828133634_IMG_0736.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 25, 2022, 8:04:51 AM9/25/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220828133537_IMG_0734.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 25, 2022, 8:08:03 AM9/25/22
to efloraofindia
Ok dear Garg ji, it is very rare, only three plants closely growing, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2022, 10:26:35 AM9/28/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

With regards,
J.M.Garg
20220828133334_IMG_0730 rs.JPG
20220923120849_IMG_1733 rs.JPG
20220828132928_IMG_0718 rs.JPG
20220828133052_IMG_0722 rs.JPG
20220828133351_IMG_0731 rs.JPG
20220828133537_IMG_0734 rs.JPG
20220828133634_IMG_0736 rs.JPG
20220828133515_IMG_0733 rs.JPG
20220828132846_IMG_0717 rs.JPG
20220828133111_IMG_0723 rs.JPG
20220828133306_IMG_0729 rs.JPG
20220923120358_IMG_1722 rs.JPG
20220923120457_IMG_1724 rs.JPG
20220828132547_IMG_0710 rs.JPG
20220923120700_IMG_1730 rs.JPG
20220923120517_IMG_1725 rs.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2022, 12:45:36 PM9/28/22
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Giby ji.
Hi, Sam ji,
I could not find any match with the existing species in eFI.
You have to check with other species with distribution in Kerala as per details at
https://efloraofindia.com/2012/07/29/lasianthus/

On Wed, 28 Sept 2022 at 21:27, Giby Kuriakose <giby.ku...@shcollege.ac.in> wrote:
This could be a species of Lasianthus of Rubiaceae family.

Regards
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Assistant Professor and Research Guide,

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2022, 8:39:10 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 28, 2022, 8:39:17 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Oct 2, 2022, 6:10:24 AM10/2/22
to efloraofindia
I tried to check all listed species of Lasianthus from Kerala, but could not reach an id.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
20220828133334_IMG_0730 rs.JPG
20220923120849_IMG_1733 rs.JPG
20220828132928_IMG_0718 rs.JPG
20220828133052_IMG_0722 rs.JPG
20220828133351_IMG_0731 rs.JPG
20220828133537_IMG_0734 rs.JPG
20220828133634_IMG_0736 rs.JPG
20220828133515_IMG_0733 rs.JPG
20220828132846_IMG_0717 rs.JPG
20220828133111_IMG_0723 rs.JPG
20220828133306_IMG_0729 rs.JPG
20220923120358_IMG_1722 rs.JPG
20220923120457_IMG_1724 rs.JPG
20220828132547_IMG_0710 rs.JPG
20220923120700_IMG_1730 rs.JPG
20220923120517_IMG_1725 rs.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 2, 2022, 9:01:52 AM10/2/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Hedyotis ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 2, 2022, 11:49:56 AM10/2/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
No flower matching images, with kind regards, Sam.

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Oct 2, 2022, 10:20:26 PM10/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
This is a Hedyotis species for sure. Not Lasianthus.

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2022, 10:39:49 AM10/3/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Saroj Kasaju, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks a lot, Santhosh ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 3, 2022, 11:07:03 AM10/3/22
to J.M. Garg, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Thank you Santhosh Ji for validating my guess !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 3, 2022, 11:29:20 AM10/3/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Sam Kuzhalanattu
I checked many species listed with distribution in Kerala.
To me it appears close to specimens of Hedyotis membranacea at POWO (specimen 1) & GBIF (specimen 1 & 2) and Kerala Plants

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 3, 2022, 11:34:11 AM10/3/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Sam Kuzhalanattu
I guess that is the closest match Mr. Gargb!

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 3, 2022, 12:01:36 PM10/3/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Giby, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji,
Yes, it is very close to Hedyotis membranacea, thank you very much for ID my plant.  Kerala plants image is very close, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 3, 2022, 1:41:13 PM10/3/22
to Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much dear Giby ji for sharing the details, with kind regards, Sam.

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022, 10:13 pm Giby Kuriakose, <giby.ku...@shcollege.ac.in> wrote:
In Hedyotis membranacea, according to Gamble, the calyx teeths are short and glabrous (without hairs). Here it is hairy.
To decide between Hedyotis or Lasianthus, we need to see the fruit, whether it is fleshy or dry.

Regards

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2022, 3:39:08 AM10/5/22
to Giby Kuriakose, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Giby ji.
Pl. see POWO (specimen 1) & GBIF (specimen 1 & 2) and Kerala Plants
Maybe there are some little variations in the species.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 9:31 PM Sam Kuzhalanattu <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Assistant Professor and Research Guide,
PG and Research Department of Botany
Sacred Heart College  (Autonomous), Thevara
Kochi, Kerala, India  682 013
Phone - +914844044436 (office) +919947109987 (Mobile)

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 6, 2022, 12:07:57 AM10/6/22
to J.M. Garg, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for the great observations and providing links.  With kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 8, 2022, 10:28:43 AM10/8/22
to J.M. Garg, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot dear Jomy ji and Giby ji for the confirmation of my plant as Hedyotis membranacea, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Oct 8, 2022, 10:40:59 AM10/8/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Saroj Kasaju
What is Jomy's observation?
I can not see it here.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 8, 2022, 11:14:49 AM10/8/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks, Sam ji.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Oct 9, 2022, 7:59:58 AM10/9/22
to Giby Kuriakose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Saroj Kasaju
Many thanks dear Giby ji for the ID confirmation, with kind regards, Sam.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022, 4:26 pm Giby Kuriakose, <giby.ku...@shcollege.ac.in> wrote:
We have visited the place and confirmed that it is not Lasianthus and it is Hedyotis.

Regards

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 16, 2022, 4:30:43 AM10/16/22