SK27JUL3-2016:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 3, 2016, 3:05:24 AM7/3/16
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia

Dear Mr. Garg,

Enclosing some pictures for identification.
Location : Nubra Valley
Altitude:  8000 ft.
Date: 24 July 2014

Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0749.JPG
DSC_0751.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jul 4, 2016, 12:53:48 AM7/4/16
to Saroj Kasaju, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
This is Euphrasia sp.

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2016, 12:56:45 AM7/4/16
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Beautiful!!!
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Jul 8, 2016, 2:35:02 AM7/8/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh

Forwarding  again for Id assistance please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

This is Euphrasia sp. --

Regards,
Dr. Nidhan Singh

Euphrasia species in efloraofindia so far.

DSC_0749.JPG
DSC_0751.JPG

Tabish

Jul 8, 2016, 2:07:33 PM7/8/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Tabish

Jul 8, 2016, 2:09:26 PM7/8/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 11, 2016, 4:19:37 AM7/11/16
to Tabish, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Final verification ??

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2016, 8:01:09 AM7/14/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Closer to Euphrasia regelii as suggested by Tabish ji.
But difficult to confirm.
Hi, Saroj ji, do you have other pictures ?

Jul 14, 2016, 9:00:14 AM7/14/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

Just one pic but not so different .

Thank you.

Saroj
DSC_0754.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 15, 2016, 12:36:37 AM7/15/16
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks Saroj ji,
May I request you to pl. match with images at Euphrasia regelii as I am unable to conclude.

Tabish

Jul 15, 2016, 2:03:26 AM7/15/16
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
One distinguishing feature of Euphrasia regelii is that mid-lobe of the lower lip is very narrow, much narrower than the upper lip.
In this respect, Saroj's flower agrees with mine (presumably Euphrasia pectinata), and not with Euphrasia regelii at Flora of China. Please see the  attached picture for comparison.
  So I presume Saroj ji's plant is Euphrasia pectinata.
   Tabish

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Euphrasia-comparison.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 27, 2016, 12:29:51 PM7/27/16
to Tabish, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Tabish and Mr. Garg,

I found couple of pictures from the same location .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0718.JPG
DSC_0723.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2016, 1:34:40 AM7/28/16
to Saroj Kasaju, Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks, Saroj ji.

J.M. Garg

Sep 1, 2018, 7:04:32 AM9/1/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Tabish
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

DSC_0718.JPG
DSC_0723.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2018, 1:43:19 AM9/5/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Tabish
It may be E. Pectinata only as Catalogue of Life gives distribution in Nubra Valley and as discussed in another thread.