Flora of Uttarakhand- Herb31 for Id- JM

J.M. Garg

Nov 21, 2010, 2:06:45 AM11/21/10
to efloraofindia

Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around 11,000 ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Herb31 I IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I3 IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I IMG_4726.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 6, 2010, 1:54:34 PM12/6/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Its a Crassulaceae but which one? Rhodiola??
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 6, 2010, 4:35:21 PM12/6/10
to Pankaj Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Flowers are greenish-yellow and leaves toothed in upper part. How about R. rosea L. subsp. rosea.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Dec 6, 2010, 4:49:12 PM12/6/10
to efloraofindia
R. rosea is so variable. I need to check some more references for
this.
Pankaj

On Dec 7, 2:35 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Flowers are greenish-yellow and leaves toothed in upper part. How about R.
> rosea L. subsp. rosea.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Its a Crassulaceae but which one? Rhodiola??
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Wild Herb captured on 13/8/10 during the trek from Ghangaria (around
> > 11,000
> > > ft.) to Hemkunt Sahib (around 14000 ft.).
>
> > > --
> > > With regards,
> > > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species &
> > > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > > alphabetically & place-wise):
> > >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use
> > them
> > > for free as per liberal licensing conditions attached with each image.
> > > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > > please visit/ join our Google e-group-
> > > Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than

J.M. Garg

Dec 23, 2010, 7:53:19 AM12/23/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, tanay bose, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Prashant awale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Its a Crassulaceae but which one? Rhodiola??
Pankaj”

“Flowers are greenish-yellow and leaves toothed in upper part. How about R. rosea L. subsp. rosea.
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

R. rosea is so variable. I need to check some more references for
this.
Pankaj”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1475 members & 57,000 messages on 16/12/10 & with a database of around 4400 species on 30/11/10)

Herb31 I IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I3 IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I IMG_4726.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Herb31 I IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I3 IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I IMG_4726.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2012, 4:40:21 AM9/5/12
to efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Balkar Singh, Nidhan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
May I take it as Rhodiola wallichiana as per the following threads ?:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Herb31 I IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I3 IMG_4727.jpg
Herb31 I IMG_4726.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2012, 10:11:21 AM9/5/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Balkar Singh, Nidhan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Garg ji
It seems only the first link is confirmed R. wallichiana. Others perhaps we will have relook after the episode is finished. We will need relook for several others also.

jmgarg1