Plant for ID 30/09/2011 SMP3

Skip to the first unread message

Satish Phadke

29 Sept 2011, 9:41:17 am29/09/11
to indiantreepix
A garden plant from California. Observed planted in flower beds near Apartments.For ID
Herb prostrate. Spreading on ground. Flower size 3-5cm Pale pink Attractive

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Satish Phadke

29 Sept 2011, 9:42:48 am29/09/11
to indiantreepix
Sorry. Now with attachments.
--
Dr Satish Phadke
_MG_s3013.jpg

Balkar Arya

29 Sept 2011, 9:49:05 am29/09/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Any oenothera
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

29 Sept 2011, 10:23:47 am29/09/11
to Balkar Arya, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Balkar ji

I hope Oenothera speciosa

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

29 Sept 2011, 11:01:09 am29/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Sir fully Agreed

Satish Phadke

29 Sept 2011, 11:04:34 am29/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
O.speciosa has linear leaves. My pictures show leaves different than linear.The flower image perfectly matches though. Can it be Oenothera tetraptera or O.kunthiana?

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Ushadi micromini

29 Sept 2011, 11:32:09 am29/09/11
to efloraofindia
any clear pic of leaves and seedpods?
usha di

=======

On Sep 29, 8:04 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *O.speciosa* has linear leaves. My pictures show leaves different than
> linear.The flower image perfectly matches though. Can it be *Oenothera
> tetraptera* or *O.kunthiana*?
>

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Balkar ji
>
> > I hope Oenothera speciosa
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Any oenothera

Gurcharan Singh

29 Sept 2011, 12:40:09 pm29/09/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Satish ji
O. speciosa has oblanceolate to obovate leaves.
More important it is a day flowering species whereas both O. kunthiajna and O. tetraptera are evening flowering. Perhaps the timing of your photograph can clinch the issue.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Satish Phadke

29 Sept 2011, 1:45:27 pm29/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
This clears the doubt.It has to be Oenothera Speciosa
I have captured it at noon Mid day.
The other ones above are therefore called as ? Evening Primrose
Secondly I thought the leaves are always linear but it is not so.
One more question...Is O.speciosa same as O.rosea?
--
Dr Satish Phadke