Flora picture of the Year 2010- Dr Satish Phadke

Satish Phadke

Jan 23, 2011, 5:55:25 AM1/23/11
to indiantreepix
Smithsonia viridiflora(Dalzell) C.J.Saldanha 1974
Syn. Aerides dalzelliana Syn. Gastrochilus dalzelliana

Amboli flora is best in monsoons but in summer these epiphytic orchids are treat to your eyes.
This orchid has very small flowers 1.5 cm in clusters. These were observed hardly 1-2 feet from the grounds.Amboi is a hill station in Maharashtra in western ghats with rich biodiversity.
Dr Satish Phadke.
IMG_9434s.jpg
IMG_9430s.jpg
IMG_9433a.jpg

tanay bose

Jan 23, 2011, 6:38:34 AM1/23/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Nice catch !! I believe all orchids are real treat to any eyes
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Jan 23, 2011, 7:03:12 AM1/23/11
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Really Beautifull Satish Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2011, 7:13:33 AM1/23/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
wow, thanks a lot for sharing sir!!!
I have yet to see this flower in real....
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2011, 7:14:28 AM1/23/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
In the first pic, you have another orchid, what is that? Aerides?
Pankaj

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com> wrote:

mani nair

Jan 23, 2011, 9:40:13 AM1/23/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
beautiful orchids.
regards,
Mani

Satish Phadke

Jan 23, 2011, 11:52:56 AM1/23/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
It might be Aerides as you say. I have earlier posted the pictures of Aerides crispum seen during the same visit.........they were abundant.
Pankaj ji if you can plan a visit during end May I would like to accompany you. I have spotted it in Amboli as well as Amba ghat.
Dr Phadke

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2011, 11:55:15 AM1/23/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Lets see, I would love to come to this place. People have been sharing
so many orchid pics from this place. Dr. Sathish was also mentioning
about the area with high orchid diversity.
Regards
Pankaj

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jan 24, 2011, 10:53:46 AM1/24/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, Anand Kumar Bhatt
long time back I had sent the photograph of an orchid from      andaman. I am repeating the link.

Satishji, lovely photograph!
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt