¿ Lamprachaenium microcephalum ?

Dinesh Valke

Nov 18, 2009, 8:57:44 AM11/18/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Dear friends,

Requesting ID of Asteraceae plant growing at Vaghbil, Thane (Maharashtra).
Habitat near creek side lining rice fields and mangrove.
The erect much branched herb standing about a metre high, with slightly woody branches.

Two sets of photos attached: (1) 17 NOV 09 and (2) 18 DEC 08.
Number of photos too many ... hoping to make it easier for ID.

Referencing Shrikant ji's FFOS, putting my own wild guess: Lamprachaenium microcephalum (quite a tongue-twisting genus name !!)

Regards.
17_NOV_09_P1080692.jpg
18_DEC_08_3127528168_5fdb6cbca8_b.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080686.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080687.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080689.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080690.jpg
18_DEC_08_3127561196_1315200caf_b.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126707503_b39ea7ffed_o.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126713501_07272362a1_b.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126719933_a7d76c8b3d_o.jpg

Adittya Dharap

Nov 18, 2009, 8:37:55 PM11/18/09
to Indian Tree Pix, Dinesh Valke

Hello,

This one is something else, and not Lamprachaenium microcephalum.
Am attaching images of Lamprachaenium microcephalum for comparison.
Lamprachaenium microcephalum is commonly called Purple blue heads.
The leaves are tomentose beneath.

best regards

Adittya Dharap

--- On Wed, 11/18/09, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

IMG_1999.jpg
IMG_2000.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 7, 2009, 7:28:34 AM12/7/09
to Adittya Dharap, Indian Tree Pix, Dinesh Valke
Forwarding again for ID

Earlier Feedback:      Dinesh Valke.....utting my own wild guessLamprachaenium microcephalum (quite a tongue-twisting genus name !!)

Adittya Dharap........This one is something.... attached his images of Lamprachaenium microcephalum.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Sep 23, 2010, 3:47:31 AM9/23/10
to efloraofindia
... resurfacing query.

Comments received:

Adittya Dharap ji ... This one is something else, and not Lamprachaenium microcephalum.

Regards.
17_NOV_09_P1080692.jpg
18_DEC_08_3127528168_5fdb6cbca8_b.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080686.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080687.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080689.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080690.jpg
18_DEC_08_3127561196_1315200caf_b.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126707503_b39ea7ffed_o.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126713501_07272362a1_b.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126719933_a7d76c8b3d_o.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 19, 2010, 5:45:19 PM10/19/10
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, Adittya Dharap, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Adittya Dharap ji ... This one is something else, and not Lamprachaenium microcephalum.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Oct 20, 2010, 1:44:51 AM10/20/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Tabish, Adittya Dharap, Vijayasankar Raman
Hi,
I think it is Blumea obliqua (Linn.) Druce

***
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College
Mumbai

J.M. Garg

Jan 31, 2011, 1:05:19 AM1/31/11
to efloraofindia, rajdeo singh
Dear friends,

Putting here Shrikant ji's response:
Hi Dinesh, the Asteraceae found in saline fields seems to be Blumea atropurpurea Haines. I need to have the herbarium image or the original description to match the specimen. If you can retrieve the following,
1. Bot. Bihar & Orissa 469. 1922 [2:492.1961 (Repr.)]
2. Fl. Ind. Enum. Aster. 14. 1988
3. J. Econ. Tax. Bot. 14:732.1990

... expecting Rajdeo ji to reconsider B. obliqua and B. atropurpurea fo getting to the ID.

Regards
Dinesh
17_NOV_09_P1080692.jpg
18_DEC_08_3127528168_5fdb6cbca8_b.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080686.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080687.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080689.jpg
17_NOV_09_P1080690.jpg
18_DEC_08_3127561196_1315200caf_b.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126707503_b39ea7ffed_o.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126713501_07272362a1_b.jpg
18_DEC_08_3126719933_a7d76c8b3d_o.jpg

Pardeshi S.

Feb 3, 2011, 9:06:53 AM2/3/11
to efloraofindia
it is
Blumea solidaginoides (Poir.) DC., Prodr. 5: 443, 1836; Almeida, Fl.
Mah. 3: 85, 2001.
Synonyms: Gnaphalium solidaginoides Poir., Encycliop, suppl. 2: 825,
1811. B. holosericea Dalz. & Gibs., Bombay Fl. 125, 1861 (non DC.
8136). Erigereon molle D. Don, Prodr. 172, 1825. B. mollis (Don)
Merrill in Philip. J. Sci. Bot. 5: 395, 1910; Pradhan et al, Fl. Of
SGNP 330: 2005. B. wightiana DC., in Wt. Contr. 14, 1834; Hook.f., Fl.
Brit. India 3: 261, 1880; Cooke, Fl. Pres. Bombay 2: 75, 1958 (Repr.);
Singh et al, Fl. Mah. St. 2: 193, 2001. B. neilgherrensis Hook.f., Fl.
Brit. India 3: 261, 1880. Conyza bifoliata DC., Prodr. 5: 435, 1836.
Common name: Makadmari.
common along salt pans and abandoned cultivated fields.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Jan 31, 11:05 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Putting here Shrikant ji's response:
> Hi Dinesh, the Asteraceae found in saline fields seems to be *Blumea
> atropurpurea* Haines. I need to have the herbarium image or the original
> description to match the specimen. If you can retrieve the following,
> 1. Bot. Bihar & Orissa 469. 1922 [2:492.1961 (Repr.)]
> 2. Fl. Ind. Enum. Aster. 14. 1988
> 3. J. Econ. Tax. Bot. 14:732.1990
>
> ... expecting Rajdeo ji to reconsider *B. obliqua* and *B. atropurpurea* fo
> getting to the ID.
>
> Regards
> Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Feb 3, 2011, 9:52:35 AM2/3/11
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Thank you very much for the ID, Satish ji.
Hoping Shrikant ji and Rajdeo ji puts their responses for validating this ID.

Regards.
Dinesh

rajdeo singh

Feb 7, 2011, 2:36:54 AM2/7/11
to Dinesh Valke, Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
 Satishji,

   This is the photo of Blumea solidaginoides (Poir.) DC. The plant which is to be identified is not Blumea solidaginoides.

***
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
St. Xavier's College,
Mumbai
Blumea mollis.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 7, 2011, 11:14:53 AM2/7/11
to Dinesh Valke, rajdeo singh, Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
We have Haines flora here, if Rajdeo doesnt have the access, I will
scan and share the pics soon.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

JM Garg

Jul 23, 2019, 2:25:29 AM7/23/19
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
I will go for Blumea obliqua (L.) Druce as per images, details and references herein.
Blumea atropurpurea looks different as per GBIF specimens