Pensurena?

3 views
Skip to first unread message

Samir Takaochi

unread,
Dec 5, 2008, 7:55:12 AM12/5/08
to indiantreepix
Hello, friends. My friend told me it as pensurena. But I could not find this name on web, he said it is called mini gulmar too in India.
 
Could someone advice me for ID?
 
Place: Dharuhera
Flower diameter:3cm
Height:2m
 
Samir Takaochi
 
コピー ~ DSC01040.JPG
コピー ~ DSC01043.JPG
コピー ~ DSC01046.JPG
コピー ~ DSC01057.JPG
コピー ~ DSC01189.JPG

J.M. Garg

unread,
Dec 5, 2008, 8:42:42 AM12/5/08
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Hi, Samir ji,
I think it's Caesalpinia pulcherrima (Poinciana, Peacock Flower or Red Bird of Paradise). See from Indiantreepix Database: 
Caesalpinia pulcherrima Fabaceae Poinciana, Peacock Flower, Red Bird of Paradise, Mexican Bird of Paradise, Dwarf Poinciana, Pride of Barbados at Delhi on 26.6.08. Caesalpinia pulcherrima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia flowering tree for id--07/06/08 vkg1 - indiantreepix | Google Groups
Caesalpinia pulcherrima- var. flava Fabaceae Dwarf Poinciana, Poinciana, Peacock Flower, Red Bird of Paradise, Mexican Bird of Paradise, Pride of Barbados, flamboyan-de-jardin, Ratnagundhi, shankhasur, Radha Chuda, RAJAMALLI Flowering on 1/6/08 at Butterfly Park, Hyderabad, AP- J.M.Garg Beautiful Trees & shrubs of Calcutta- Flowers profusely in spring (Feb.- April) & Autumn (Sept.- Nov.), occasionally in other seasons. Caesalpinia pulcherrima - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Dwarf Poinciana (Caesalpinia pulcherrima)- var. flava - indiantreepix | Google Groups shankasur.jpg - indiantreepix | Google Groups

For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group (Indiantreepix) http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

figtree

unread,
Dec 5, 2008, 9:02:14 AM12/5/08
to indiantreepix
It seems to be Caesalpinia pulcherima, in Bengali also known as
Krishnachura, as it looks like the Crown of Lord Krishna.

On Dec 5, 6:42 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Samir ji,
> I think it's *Caesalpinia pulcherrima* (*Poinciana, Peacock Flower or Red
> Bird of Paradise*). See from Indiantreepix Database:
>       *Caesalpinia pulcherrima* *Fabaceae* *Poinciana, Peacock Flower, Red
> Bird of Paradise, Mexican Bird of Paradise, Dwarf Poinciana, Pride of
> Barbados* at Delhi on 26.6.08. Caesalpinia pulcherrima - Wikipedia, the free
> encyclopedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesalpinia_pulcherrima> flowering
> tree for id--07/06/08 vkg1 - indiantreepix | Google
> Groups<http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/f91...>
> *Caesalpinia pulcherrima- var. flava* *Fabaceae* *Dwarf Poinciana,
> Poinciana, Peacock Flower, Red Bird of Paradise, Mexican Bird of Paradise,
> Pride of Barbados, flamboyan-de-jardin, Ratnagundhi, shankhasur, Radha
> Chuda, RAJAMALLI* Flowering on 1/6/08 at Butterfly Park, Hyderabad, AP-
> J.M.Garg Beautiful Trees & shrubs of Calcutta- Flowers profusely in spring
> (Feb.- April) & Autumn (Sept.- Nov.), occasionally in other seasons.
> Caesalpinia
> pulcherrima - Wikipedia, the free
> encyclopedia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesalpinia_pulcherrima>
> Dwarf
> Poinciana (Caesalpinia pulcherrima)- var. flava - indiantreepix | Google
> Groups<http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/168...>
> shankasur.jpg
> - indiantreepix | Google
> Groups<http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/137...>
>
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Samir Takaochi <bandob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, friends. My friend told me it as pensurena. But I could not find
> > this name on web, he said it is called mini gulmar too in India.
>
> > Could someone advice me for ID?
>
> > Place: Dharuhera
> > Flower diameter:3cm
> > Height:2m
>
> > Samir Takaochi
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> Creating Awareness about Indian Flora & Fauna:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1

Anand Kumar Bhatt

unread,
Dec 5, 2008, 11:10:10 AM12/5/08
to figtree, Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
You can very easily distinguish between Krishnachuda aand Radhachuda here.
akbhatt

Samir Takaochi

unread,
Dec 7, 2008, 1:53:28 AM12/7/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, figtree, indiantreepix
Anand, Garg, figtree, Thank you so much for your reply!  
 
I confirmed it on web.
 
Thank you.
 
Samir Takaochi

2008/12/6 Anand Kumar Bhatt <anand...@gmail.com>
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages