PLANT FOR IDENTIFICATION -53

Debasish Joardar

Dec 27, 2007, 12:56:04 PM12/27/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi,

Location : On the riverbed of River Kangsabati,
                 Midnapore,
                 Dist. Midnapore, West Bengal.

Date : 20/12/2007.

They were either submerged in water or very near to the water.

When I saw them I was confused whether it was Plouzolzia zeylinica. But here the leaves are different in shape, much thick and glabrous. Stem branched.

Would you please identify this plant.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar.

Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

DEBASISH JOARDAR

Dec 28, 2007, 11:30:43 PM12/28/07
to indiantreepix
Hi Friends,

Chitra Shanker identified it as Ammania baccifera.

She wrote - "Ammania baccifera a weed of wetlands. Hence you have
found some submerged. In tamil it is called "fire on water" due to the
reddish mat it forms in rice fields".

Thanks again,

Debasish Joardar.