a picture for you Euphorbia panchganiensis.......ENJOY

mayur nandikar

May 13, 2009, 5:39:05 AM5/13/09
to indiantreepix
Hi,
Here Picture of Critically Endangered Plant From Satara District
Euphorbia panchganiensis Blatt. and McCann (Euphorbiaceae), Small Herb
with tough underground rhizomatous Stem, it is leafless at the time of
Flowering.
Fully Bloom in This Month with its male and Female Flowers. Basically
Its Somewhat Problematic Becoz of Species nomenclature In Old world it
was Euphorbia acoulis or E. fusiformis but number of Taxonomist gives
opinion these two are different one.
Could anyone havin correct details.............
Picture Taken at Kas Plateau. on 3rd May 2009
You have been sent 1 picture.

P5027545.JPG

P5027545.JPG

Neil Soares

May 13, 2009, 9:06:50 AM5/13/09
to mayur nandikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mayur,
 Differentitiation between E.khandalensis, E.panchganiensis and E.fusiformis [E.acaulis] is not from the leaves but mainly from the minute difference in floral structure and also from the structure of the bract covering the base of the inflorescence.
 At my farm at Shahapur, Euphorbia fusiformis [E.acaulis] locally called Sista, is seen during the monsoon from July to early September and an inflorescence [from an underground rhizome] was seen in April '08 when there was actually no evidence of the plant.
 Sending you a few photographs.
                            With regards,
                              Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 5/13/09, mayur nandikar <mnan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Euphorbia fusiformis, Sista.jpg
Euphorbia fusiformis [E.acaulis],Sista flowers 1.jpg
Euphorbia fusiformis [E. acaulis],Sista flowers 2.jpg

Dinesh Valke

May 13, 2009, 9:44:25 AM5/13/09
to Neil Soares, mayur nandikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
.... hmmm !!! I get a feeling that my scope of hunting flowers has increased.
Regards.

satish phadke

May 13, 2009, 11:57:48 AM5/13/09
to mayur nandikar, indiantreepix