Canscora sp??260111-PKA2

Prashant awale

Jan 26, 2011, 2:01:35 AM1/26/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
I had seen this small herb with white flowers. Leaves small (approx 10- 12mm), opposite, sessile.

This looks like some Canscora sp. (Gentianaceae Family). This is for the first time i had seen Canscora sp. with white flowers.

Date/ Time: 17-01-2011 / 02:45PM
Location: In the forest cover near Kalikale village Off  "Ankola-Yalapur Rd head, Karnataka.
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habt: Herb.

regards
Prashant
IMG_3591.jpg
IMG_3593c.jpg
IMG_3592.jpg
IMG_3593.jpg

Nayan Singh

Jan 26, 2011, 2:56:44 AM1/26/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
yes it is Canscora decussata
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Jan 26, 2011, 8:33:44 AM1/26/11
to Satish Chile, Nayan Singh, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Canscora decussata I have a herbarium specimen with me from Panchamari
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Prashant awale

Jan 27, 2011, 5:35:30 AM1/27/11
to tanay bose, Satish Chile, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Nayan Singh ji, Satish Chile ji, Tanay ji for the ID.
regards
Prashant

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 27, 2011, 6:04:19 AM1/27/11
to efloraofindia
Sorry for coming in late. I can see calyx not winged, flowers
pedicellate and pedicels not winged (to rule out C. decussata). Can't
go with the colour either. Can you indicate the size of the corolla?
If the calyx is keeled it could be C. khandalensis. If the pedicels
are winged, it could be C. pauciflora. Need more info to be sure.
Regards, Shrikant
>  IMG_3591.jpg
> 176KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3593c.jpg
> 191KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3592.jpg
> 174KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3593.jpg
> 188KViewDownload

Mahadeswara

Jan 27, 2011, 8:20:20 AM1/27/11
to efloraofindia
Go with Mr. Ingalhalikar.

On Jan 27, 4:04 pm, shrikant ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com>

J.M. Garg

May 14, 2011, 8:08:27 AM5/14/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Mahadeswara Swamy, tanay bose, Nayan Singh, chile...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I can see calyx not winged, flowers

pedicellate and pedicels not winged (to rule out C. decussata). Can't
go with the colour either. Can you indicate the size of the corolla?
If the calyx is keeled it could be C. khandalensis. If the pedicels
are winged, it could be C. pauciflora. Need more info to be sure.

Regards, Shrikant”

“Go with Mr. Ingalhalikar." from Mahadeswara ji.

May 16, 2011, 6:48:12 AM5/16/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Mahadeswara Swamy, tanay bose, Nayan Singh, chile...@gmail.com, vasude...@gmail.com
A reply:
"I think its the same Canscora diffusa. C. Khandalensis and C. pauciflora are treated as the synonyms of C. difusa." from Vikesh ji.