Eriolaena quinquelocularis

satish phadke

Jun 27, 2008, 12:29:02 PM6/27/08
to indiantreepix
Eriolaena quinquelocularis
This sterculiaceae family member was spotted on Pasarani ghat near Panchgani, Maharashtra on 22 Jun 2008.
Satish phadke
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/
Eriolaena quinquelocularis1.jpg

Barry Stock

Jun 27, 2008, 12:40:14 PM6/27/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix
Fantastic...there is very little extant info, and perhaps no photos, on the web about this species.

Any idea what the seed/seed capsule looks like? The flowers are beautiful, and no question of pollinator I see(!)

I see that both Eriolaena and Pterospermum have been moved into Pentapetaceae from Sterculiaceae in some listings.

-bs

On Jun 27, 2008, at 12:29 PM, satish phadke wrote:

Panchgani, Maharashtra

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2008, 11:13:57 PM6/27/08
to Barry Stock, satish phadke, indiantreepix
Here is a link for details: http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200013797

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

satish phadke

Jun 28, 2008, 10:01:44 AM6/28/08
to Barry Stock, indiantreepix
Thanks for the information Barry
This was the first timer for me...so no idea about seeds and other things...It first appeared to me of tiliaceae family as it looks very much like some Grewia species.
None the less it was a beauty to watch the blooming tree by the roadside on the hills.
Satish Phadke

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Barry Stock <barry...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/

satish phadke

Jun 28, 2008, 10:02:49 AM6/28/08
to Barry Stock, indiantreepix
Its Marathi name is written as "BOTHI" in Shrikant's book
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/