AK Bauhinia hukkerii and retusa..

arvind kadus

Sep 21, 2010, 11:55:35 AM9/21/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Here is Bauhinia hukkerii and retusa ( semla ) again in Agharkar institute campus Pune.Many thanx my freind Ajinkya to show these plants. Tried to catch the pictures like Ajinkya but not up to that level. Thanx.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

Bauhinia hukkerii A1.JPG
Bauhinia hukkerii A3.JPG
Bauhinia hukkerii a5.JPG
Bauhinia retusa ( semla ) a1.JPG
Bauhinia retusa ( semla ) a3.JPG

tanay bose

Sep 21, 2010, 10:22:56 PM9/21/10
to arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
it will be Bauhinia hookeri
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 21, 2010, 10:34:01 PM9/21/10
to tanay bose, arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
Arvind ji
Please do not include more than one species in the same post

First three photographs belong to B. hookeri
Last two to B. roxburghiana (syn: B. retusa)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Kenneth Greby

Sep 21, 2010, 11:04:05 PM9/21/10
to arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
Correct name (I believe) of B. hookeri is now Lysiphyllum hookeri, native to Australia. It's one of my favorite large shrubs (in CA). It does not, unfortunately, set seed in the US and is fairly difficult from cuttings.

Regards--
Ken.

Sep 21, 2010, 11:51:21 PM9/21/10
to Kenneth Greby, arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
this is from me .
Lysiphyllum hookeri.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Sep 22, 2010, 1:23:24 AM9/22/10
to ajinkya gadave, arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
Here are a few pics of Lysiphyllum hookeri growing in Fullerton Arboretum, CA, USA. Large green scarab beetles were present on many plants the day I shot these pictures.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z93/fastfeat/DSC00598.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z93/fastfeat/DSC00597.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z93/fastfeat/DSC00596.jpg

Regards--
Ken.

Thank you Tanay /Guru Ji/Ajinkya/Dinesh /Kenneth /Pankaj and all the
JI..s. for correcting and appreciating me.
Thank You very much all of you.
Dr.Arvind
On Sep 22, 10:23 am, Kenneth Greby <fstf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here are a few pics of Lysiphyllum hookeri growing in Fullerton Arboretum, CA,
> USA. Large green scarab beetles were present on many plants the day I shot these
> pictures.
>
> http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z93/fastfeat/DSC00598.jpghttp://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z93/fastfeat/DSC00597.jpghttp://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z93/fastfeat/DSC00596.jpg
>
> Regards--
> Ken.
>
> ________________________________

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 22, 2010, 12:10:23 PM9/22/10
to Dr. Arvind Kadus, Kenneth Greby, efloraofindia
GRIN recognises B. hookeri with Lysiphyllum hookeri as a synonym (updated March, 2008)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Kenneth Greby

Sep 22, 2010, 12:58:41 PM9/22/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
Dr. Singh--

 Thanks for the correction. I thought I'd looked this up for another site, but it appears that I reversed the accepted name with the synonym.

Regards--
Ken.