J&K, Srinagar, April 2023 :: Erysimum for confirmation :: ARK2023-039

Alka Khare

Jun 12, 2023, 10:39:34 PM6/12/23
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

These flowers were seen in Shalimar Bagh in Srinagar, J&K in April 2023.
I think they are Erysimum hieraciifolium.

Requested to please confirm.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Erysimum hieraciifolium_Srinagar Shalimar bagh1.jpeg
Erysimum hieraciifolium_Srinagar Shalimar bagh4.jpeg

Alka Khare

Jun 12, 2023, 10:42:02 PM6/12/23
to eFloraofIndia
Some  more pics.

Regards
Alka Khare

Erysimum hieraciifolium_Srinagar Shalimar bagh3.jpeg
Erysimum hieraciifolium_Srinagar Shalimar bagh2.jpeg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 12, 2023, 11:08:04 PM6/12/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg
Looks like. Can you please post whole plant and leaf images ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Alka Khare

Jun 16, 2023, 12:07:07 AM6/16/23
to eFloraofIndia
Saroj ji, I do not have any other pic. But attaching a cropped image with the leaves, if it helps.

Regards
Alka Khare

Erysimum hieraciifolium_Srinagar Shalimar bagh4.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 16, 2023, 1:04:01 AM6/16/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, J.M. Garg
I guess the ID is correct !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 22, 2023, 3:07:54 PM6/22/23
to eFloraofIndia
If cultivated in beds, it should be E. cheiri

Alka Khare

Jun 22, 2023, 11:00:32 PM6/22/23
to eFloraofIndia
Yes Sir ji, it seemed to be cultivated in a flower bed in Shalimar Bagh.
Thanks for the ID.

Regards
Alka Khare

Alka Khare

Jun 22, 2023, 11:30:13 PM6/22/23
to eFloraofIndia
Sir ji, but the leaf margins do not match with the E. x cheiri pics on eFI.
Please advise.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2023, 7:33:59 AM7/3/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
I think Singh ji's id seems to be Ok as per images at
https://www.shutterstock.com/search/erysimum-cheiri

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg