wf at Yevoor - confirm ID

Rahul Natu

Jan 13, 2009, 12:54:09 AM1/13/09
to wildflower, indian...@googlegroups.com
Clicked it at Yevoor on 11.01.09
Is this MEXICAN FLOSS Flower as per pic in Isaac's book page 64 ( pic # 89 )

pl confirm the ID.

--
Regards,
- Rahul Natu

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahulnatu
unid_wf_yevoor.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jan 13, 2009, 1:05:44 AM1/13/09
to Rahul Natu, wildflower, indian...@googlegroups.com
... this is Chromolaena odorata (syn.: Eupatorium odoratum) ... common floss flower, Siam weed, triffid weed • Hindi: बाग़ धोका bagh dhoka, तीव्र गंधा tivra gandha
Not native to India ... grows just about anywhere and tends to even creep on shrubs and small trees, therefore some community or people may have aptly named it as बाग़ धोका (literal: danger to garden) !!
Regards.

satish phadke

Jan 13, 2009, 9:04:35 AM1/13/09
to Dinesh Valke, Rahul Natu, wildflower, indian...@googlegroups.com
This weed is widely seen on the outskirts of Pune in open areas and is flowering in full bloom at present.
Earlier links from the group
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/5029232dc1387f4d/d9a80a11490ffdab?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Eupatorium+odoratum#d9a80a11490ffdab
Satish

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jan 14, 2009, 5:15:41 AM1/14/09
to satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Rahul Natu, wildflower, indian...@googlegroups.com
This flower I also saw  in Coorg, plenty.One thing I observed that the flowers which are exposed  to sun light are  ivory in colour and same plant which are in deep forest ,not exposed sun light are blue in colour. Correct me if I am wrong.