Fw: [indiantreepix:17815] Re: Podranea ricasoliana.

Devendra Bhardwaj

Sep 19, 2009, 8:45:19 PM9/19/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Kenneth Greby
It is suppose to be final Id Forwarding again for further any discussion on Id confirmation pl.
Earlier relevant feedback

Sep 19, 2009, 10:51:30 PM9/19/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Devendra Bhardwaj
Devendra--

 Here are a couple of pictures of what I consider "typical" Podranea ricasoliana from the 'Web. Note the more regular, campanulate flowers without the two-lipped shape of your flower. P. brycei also tends toward darker throats, though not always. P. ricasoliana tends to be uniformly light pink, with only beelines, not dark throats. Additionally, P. brycei tends to be heavier-stemmed, often becoming self-supporting with age.

http://www.biologie.uni-regensburg.de/Botanik/Schoenfelder/kanaren/images/Podranea_ricasoliana.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2314/2206812689_6e4f0baffc.jpg

Regards--
Ken Greby.