Antirrhinum majus?(Samir Takaochi)

Samir Takaochi

Mar 16, 2009, 8:02:28 PM3/16/09
to indiantreepix
Thank you always for your advice. Could someone advice me for ID?

Place : Gurgaon
Flower Diameter: 2.5cm
Height:50cm
flower.jpg
flower2.jpg
leaves.jpg
whole.jpg

Kenneth Greby

Mar 16, 2009, 9:03:33 PM3/16/09
to indiantreepix, Samir Takaochi
Samir--

 You ID'ed it correctly.

Regards--
Ken Greby
Broward County, Florida USA

satish phadke

Mar 17, 2009, 2:07:35 AM3/17/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Samir
You are sending some beautiful photographs.
Apologies for interfering.
It would be better if you would mention whether the plant is gardening variety i.e seen planted in garden etc. or observed naturally in open areas/ forest etc. because some people like me are interested more in naturally occurring plants while some might be more interested in gardening.
If it is a garden plant it is a bumper for us.
Of course all of us are interested in plants.
Satish

2009/3/17 Samir Takaochi <band...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Tabish

Mar 17, 2009, 4:53:32 AM3/17/09
to indiantreepix
In north India, we call this Dog Flower, because when u press the
flower from the sides, it opens its mouth like a puppy. In Western
countries it is known as snap dragon.
- Tabish

On Mar 17, 11:07 am, satish phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Samir
> You are sending some beautiful photographs.
> Apologies for interfering.
> It would be better if you would mention whether the plant is gardening
> variety i.e seen planted in garden etc. or observed naturally in open areas/
> forest etc. because some people like me are interested more in naturally
> occurring plants while some might be more interested in gardening.
> If it is a garden plant it is a bumper for us.
> Of course all of us are interested in plants.
> Satish

Samir Takaochi

Mar 17, 2009, 7:30:11 AM3/17/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Ken ji, Satish ji, Tabish ji thank you for your kind reply!

I see, my understanding was correct.

Satish ji, I try to mention natural or garden variety from next time.

Thank you for your advice!