Climber from PTR 31209 – NSD 118

Nayan Singh

Dec 2, 2009, 9:09:56 PM12/2/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

Friends

This climber was on the interpretation centre building near Turiya gate of Pench Tiger Reserve

I think it is ornamental plant, but not very sure

Photo taken 24-8-07 and 29-9-07

Pl help in its identification.

Thanks

Nayan

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

PTR.jpg
PTR2.jpg
PTR 1.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

Dec 3, 2009, 11:09:41 AM12/3/09
to indiantreepix
Pls check on Trichosanthes tricuspidata of Cucurbitaceae. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

On Dec 3, 7:09 am, Nayan Singh <ns_dungri...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Friends
> This climber was on the interpretation centre building near Turiya gate of Pench Tiger Reserve
> I think it is ornamental plant, but not very sure
> Photo taken 24-8-07 and 29-9-07
> Pl help in its identification.
> Thanks
> Nayan
>  N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> Chief Conservator of Forests
> and Field Director
> Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> M.P.
> 09424792100
>
>       The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage.http://in.yahoo.com/
>
>  PTR.jpg
> 144KViewDownload
>
>  PTR2.jpg
> 63KViewDownload
>
>  PTR 1.jpg
> 169KViewDownload

Nayan Singh

Dec 4, 2009, 10:57:32 PM12/4/09
to shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Shrikant ji, thanks for id.
i had identified one another plant as Tricosanthes tricuspidata, now that must be mis id
i will post it separately for id
thanks again
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Dec 5, 2009, 1:03:19 AM12/5/09
to Nayan Singh, shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Dear Shrikanthjee...
.. I agree with you that the plant is a Tricosanthes ., but  the plant may not be Tricosanthes tricuspidata.
Because T. tricuspidata.  has its flowers enclosed in an envelope of brownish large bracts.
In addition, the leaves are not this much shiny..
 This plant by Nayanjee may be Tricosanthes cucumerina or T. lobata..
 Any way, to be confirmed based on pedicel characters..
.. With Regards,
Parjanya.

J.M. Garg

Jan 14, 2010, 5:58:26 AM1/14/10
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Parjanya guru

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Pls check on Trichosanthes tricuspidata of Cucurbitaceae. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

“Dear Shrikanthjee...

.. I agree with you that the plant is a Tricosanthes ., but  the plant may not be Tricosanthes tricuspidata.
Because T. tricuspidata.  has its flowers enclosed in an envelope of brownish large bracts.
In addition, the leaves are not this much shiny..
 This plant by Nayanjee may be Tricosanthes cucumerina or T. lobata..
 Any way, to be confirmed based on pedicel characters..
.. With Regards,

Parjanya.”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

PTR.jpg
PTR2.jpg
PTR 1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 23, 2010, 5:30:21 AM2/23/10
to efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Parjanya guru, sushrutha ck
A reply:
"Dear Srikanth sir,
It is one of the Trichosanthes species but i think its not T.tricuspidata. The tender leaves stem in tricuspidata will be pinkish in colour. The fruit of T.tricuspidata will be globose and red in colour.
Dr.Sushrutha"

J.M. Garg

Mar 12, 2010, 5:04:57 AM3/12/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, sushrutha ck, Parjanya guru, Nayan Singh
Dear all,
The plant in the attached photo is Trichosanthes tricuspidata and not T cucumerina because T cucumerina doesnot have flowers with such morphological characters.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Mar 13, 2010, 8:48:56 PM3/13/10
to tanay bose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, sushrutha ck, Parjanya guru, Nayan Singh
This seems to be T. tricuspidata

Santhosh
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

JM Garg

Mar 22, 2020, 7:01:50 AM3/22/20
to efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, santhosh kumar es, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Fruits are of Trichosanthes bracteata (Lam.) Voigt as per Revision of the Trichosanthes tricuspidata – bracteata complex (Cucurbitaceae) in India- Savita Pandey, T.S. Rana and K.N. Nair- Rheedea Vol. 26 (2) 83-93 2016
PTR.jpg
PTR2.jpg
PTR 1.jpg