Another Cleome (? monophylla)

Satish Phadke

Aug 20, 2009, 11:03:52 AM8/20/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Recently we have seen many species from Cleomaceae family.
Here is another one taken from Kudremukh(Karnataka) taken in May 2007.
I was believing it to be Cleome monophylla. But the recent thread from Nayanji's posting of Cleome hasslerana mede me think otherwise. I want comments from the group.
Dr Phadke

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Cleome monophyllaDSCN4300.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 20, 2009, 12:23:32 PM8/20/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Not C. monophylla atleast, the leaves are trifoliate.

Gurcharan Singh

Satish Phadke

Aug 21, 2009, 10:04:26 AM8/21/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix Indian
This is a reply from Shrikant ji.

This is Cleome speciosa, probably a garden escape. Rgds
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Nayan Singh

Aug 22, 2009, 9:49:41 PM8/22/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear Satish ji
Thanks for informing about one more Cleome sp.
Here is another one taken from Pench in 10-11-2004.
I think this is Cleome monophylla, but I am not very sure so I want comments from the group.
With regards

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Sep 3, 2009, 10:52:48 AM9/3/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh

Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.

2009/8/20 Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Cleome monophylla.jpg
Cleome monophylla 1.jpg

Satish Phadke

Sep 3, 2009, 11:28:45 AM9/3/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh
Shrikant ji has identified the plant posted by me as

Cleome speciosa, probably a garden escape
I am not sure what the plant is, posted by Gargji on the same thread.
Dr Phadke.

2009/9/3 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

J.M. Garg

Oct 9, 2009, 12:34:03 PM10/9/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh
Hi, Nayan ji.
I clicked this plant recently on 13/9/09 in Keesaragutta near Hyderabad (will post pictures shortly).
I think your identification is correct as per Shrikant ji's book.

Cleome monophylla.jpg
Cleome monophylla 1.jpg

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 9, 2009, 1:08:42 PM10/9/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Nayan Singh
Garg ji
Is the thread not getting mixed up? The plant on which I had commented was distinctly trifoliate, and subsequently identified as C. speciosa by Srikant ji. The thread before my comment is missing.
This plant is clearly with simple leaves.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Nayan Singh

Oct 9, 2009, 1:30:24 PM10/9/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Gurcharan Singh ji & Garg ji
Dr Satish Pharke ji posted a plant as Another Cleome (? monophylla), which was identified as C. speciosa by Srikant ji.
In the same thread i posted my plant which i presumed as C. monophylla, which is now confirmed by Garg ji.
Thanks Garg ji for confirming my plant.
thanks & Regards

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Dr Gurcharan Singh

JM Garg

Oct 21, 2019, 8:11:48 AM10/21/19
to efloraofindia
Cleome monophyllaDSCN4300.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 21, 2019, 8:13:43 AM10/21/19
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Cleome monophyllaDSCN4300.jpg

JM Garg

Jun 15, 2024, 6:06:54 AMJun 15
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
This is Cleoserrata speciosa as the stamens are inserted together in a club like stub above the bottom as per discussions at Cleome gynandra L. from Kamrup district, Assam and as per keys at Cleoserrata speciosa
Cleome monophyllaDSCN4300.jpg