Fwd: [wild_mumbai] A Tribal on its way - alone [2 Attachments]

Rajesh Sachdev

Jun 26, 2009, 11:01:50 PM6/26/09
to indiantreepix, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com, india-nature-pixs
I came across this old woman in my recent trip to Tungareshwar WLS,
near Mumbai. Just alone, unequipped without any fear of word WILD, she
said she crosses more than 20 kms of way through dense jungle and
finds out the wild vegetables from the forest floor , which is their
natural food for routine.I am attaching a pic of her and the
vegetation jungly suran Amorphophallus commutatus that she searched
finally after a long walk.

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

P6060110.JPG
P6230068.JPG

Deepa Mohan

Jun 28, 2009, 6:23:52 PM6/28/09
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, indiantreepix

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Rajesh Sachdev <leopa...@gmail.com> wrote:
[Attachment(s) from Rajesh Sachdev included below]

I came across this old woman in my recent trip to Tungareshwar WLS,
near Mumbai. Just alone, unequipped without any fear of word WILD, she
said she crosses more than 20 kms of way through dense jungle and
finds out the wild vegetables from the forest floor , which is their
natural food for routine.I am attaching a pic of her and the
vegetation jungly suran Amorphophallus commutatus that she searched
finally after a long walk.

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Quite an amazing lady, Rajesh! In an age where we think it's a great risk if the kind of milk we want is not on the supermarket shelf....! :)

Cheers, Deepa.