Tree for identification--Swantwadi, Maharashtra:: NS August 2022 (12)

Nidhan Singh

Aug 25, 2022, 9:55:08 PM8/25/22
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

This tree was found growing near Sawantwadi....
I wish to have its identification..
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Tree for id (2).JPG
Tree for id (5).JPG
Tree for id (3).JPG
Tree for id (6).JPG
Tree for id (7).JPG
Tree for id (8).JPG
Tree for id (10).JPG

Nidhan Singh

Aug 25, 2022, 10:13:32 PM8/25/22
to indiantreepix
I got the identification input from Navendu Ji...
Holigarna arnottiana....thanks Navendu Ji..!!

Mahadeswara

Aug 26, 2022, 7:59:28 AM8/26/22
to eFloraofIndia
Very nice pictures.
Your ID is correct.   This is seen in Western Ghat area of Karnataka.  I have seen somewhere near Chickmagalur./  Shimoga .

Suneel Sharma

Aug 26, 2022, 11:07:54 AM8/26/22
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Pili nut...Canarium ovatum.....Underutilized fruit crop of southeast asia.

Nidhan Singh

Aug 26, 2022, 9:37:41 PM8/26/22
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Thanks a lot Mahadeswara Ji and Suneel Ji for your responses..
However, it seems unlikely that the tree is Canarium ovatum..