Fagonia indica :: Sam sand dunes, Jaisalmer :: 26 OCT 18

Dinesh Valke

Nov 8, 2018, 11:04:26 AM11/8/18
to efloraofindia
Sam sand dunes, Jaisalmer
Sam sand dunes  ... the Thar desert, Jaisalmer
Date: October 26, 2018 ... Altitude: about 225 m (740 feet) asl

Fagonia indica  Burm.f.

Fagonia indica Burm.f.

Fagonia indica Burm.f.

Fagonia indica Burm.f.

Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Nov 9, 2018, 1:42:01 PM11/9/18
to efloraofindia
Close up image is nice.

Thank you Dinesh ji.

Saroj Kasaju

Dinesh Valke

Nov 9, 2018, 3:14:40 PM11/9/18
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks for the appreciation, Saroj ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Nov 27, 2018, 4:13:04 AM11/27/18
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Hi Garg ji,

I glanced through pages on internet including eFI, The Plants List, Herbarium JCB, ENVIS-FRLHT, and read through keys in Flora of Pakistan.
I believe posted plant is lower taxa of Fagonia indica Burm.f. ... Fagonia indica var. schweinfurthii Hadidi

There is lot of jumble among synonymies in Fagonia genus.

At FoI, it is Fagonia schweinfurthii (Hadidi) Hadidi with synonym as Fagonia indica var. schweinfurthii
I am sure Tabish has referred Catalog of Life, where this taxon was latest scrutinized in May 2018.

At Catalog of Life, it is Fagonia schweinfurthii (Hadidi) Hadidi ... latest updated May 2018
http://www.catalogueoflife.org/col/details/species/id/6233d0349feb2384d26d98cbb56dd247/synonym/ff3460343aa32904a4daa3ef84ead74e

Thus, I am taking this posted plant as Fagonia schweinfurthii (Hadidi) Hadidi

Regards.
Dinesh

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 27, 2018, 10:45:27 AM11/27/18
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraindia

J.M. Garg

Nov 27, 2018, 10:43:36 PM11/27/18
to DineshValke, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji, for pointing out.
I was a bit worried initially. But tried to convince myself with your initial I'd.

Dinesh Valke

Nov 27, 2018, 11:44:51 PM11/27/18
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji.
I have concluded the ID as Fagonia schweinfurthii (Hadidi) Hadidi
I hope you are in agreement.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 16, 2018, 1:24:07 AM12/16/18
to Dinesh Valke, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
If we follow the keys at Flora of Pakistan, I think it should be Fagonia indica as I do not see any trifoliate leaves and long petiole of FOP illustration and efi page at Fagonia schweinfurthii
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).