Wild Flower for ID-221109-RK-3

ranjini kamath

Nov 22, 2009, 8:47:10 AM11/22/09
to indiatreepix
Request ID of this small wild flower.Pic taken in Srirangapatna-13-11-09.
Thank you.
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_6409-ph-x.jpg

Satish Phadke

Nov 22, 2009, 10:31:15 AM11/22/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
Appears to be Boerhavia fruiticosa recently posted by me.
One interesting feature I observed that the Stamens and carpels were straight projecting out during morning while they were in  the coiled manner when I saw them in the late afternoon and evening.Attaching one morning and other evening picture.
Satish Phadke

2009/11/22 ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com>
Request ID of this small wild flower.Pic taken in Srirangapatna-13-11-09.
Thank you.
               Ranjini Kamath

DSCN3682s.jpg
DSCN3644Boerhaavia fruiticosa Commicarpus chinensis.jpg

Tabish

Nov 22, 2009, 12:02:35 PM11/22/09
to indiantreepix
This should be Diffuse Hogweed (Commicarpus chinensis) with synonyms:
Boerhavia chinensis, Boerhavia repanda, Valeriana chinensis
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Diffuse%20Hogweed.html
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Nov 22, 8:31 pm, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Appears to be* Boerhavia** fruiticosa* recently posted by me.
> One interesting feature I observed that the Stamens and carpels were
> straight projecting out during morning while they were in  the coiled manner
> when I saw them in the late afternoon and evening.Attaching one morning and
> other evening picture.
> Satish Phadke
>
> 2009/11/22 ranjini kamath <ranjin...@gmail.com>
>
> > Request ID of this small wild flower.Pic taken in Srirangapatna-13-11-09.
> > Thank you.
> >                Ranjini Kamath
>
> > --

>  DSCN3682s.jpg
> 105KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN3644Boerhaavia fruiticosa Commicarpus chinensis.jpg
> 142KViewDownload

Satish Phadke

Nov 22, 2009, 1:20:03 PM11/22/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Yes the new name is Commicarpus chinensis