Flower for ID140810MN

mani nair

Aug 14, 2010, 12:07:24 PM8/14/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Sending a photo of the flower.
Kindly identify.

Date/Time:   June 2009
Location:  Kasara, near Mumbai
Habitat: wild
Plant Habit: shrub
Fruits - Not seen

Regards,

Mani Nair

flowid-1.JPG
flowid2.JPG
flowid3.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 14, 2010, 12:23:52 PM8/14/10
to mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Clerodendron serratum

Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 14, 2010, 12:24:46 PM8/14/10
to mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Clerodendrum serratum, sorry for typographic error.
Panaj

tanay bose

Aug 15, 2010, 1:07:57 AM8/15/10
to Pankaj Kumar, mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Clerodendrum serratum commonly known as bharngi
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

mani nair

Aug 15, 2010, 8:29:21 AM8/15/10
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Pankaj ji and Tanay ji for the flower ID.

Regards,
Mani.

Narendra Joshi

Aug 16, 2010, 7:50:30 AM8/16/10
to mani nair, Indiantrees
 The flowers look like that of (Bharang - Marathi) Clerodendrum serrstum. A shrub common during monsoon its tender leaves are used as vegetable which are slightly bitter in taste.

Regards,

Narendra Joshi

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 16, 2010, 10:26:56 AM8/16/10
to Narendra Joshi, mani nair, Indiantrees
It is good we have seen the authentic specimens of Clerodendrum serratum. I had uploaded a similar looking plant from Delhi on January 12, which some members had identified as this species and some as Caryopteris odorata. I have resurfaced the same today again so that new members can have a look at that. To me my plant now should be identified as Caryopteris odorata now correctly known as Pseudocaryopteris bicolor. Your opinion is sought on that post.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor