Please ID

prasad dash

Jan 22, 2011, 2:34:45 AM1/22/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Collected from of Mahendragiri (900 to 1500m above msl) in South Orissa at an altitude of 1000m during October, 2010

Grows in barren hill top between gaps of moist rocks. Hight up to 25 cm.

Please Identify this.

Regards

Prasad

--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2011, 1:40:05 AM5/2/11
to efloraofindia, prasad....@gmail.com, manoj...@gmail.com, drknre...@gmail.com, kobi...@gmail.com

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

Mahendra7.jpg
Mahendra2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2011, 12:15:22 PM8/14/11
to efloraofindia, prasad....@gmail.com, manoj...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, pand...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, pauls...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2011, 1:13:17 PM8/14/11
to prasad dash, indiantreepix, J. M. Garg
I think the 2 pictures provided in the post seems to be different
species.

Please take care to upload different species in different threads and
kindly provide related information to each species along with each
upload.

It seems that the plant in the second picture seems to be an immature
one please check for a mature plant, preferably with flower/
inflorescence (looks like Asteraceae member). If you search the
surroundings where you took these pictures you may get mature
individuals.

If you need any help don't hesitate to write back to me or our group,
in general.

Regards,
Giby