253 ID wild plants

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 17, 2022, 2:55:15 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 29.11.2021, 02.05pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, wasteland

Plant habit: erect, branches, weak fleshy violet stem 04mm base diameter, velvety, annual

Height: 10cm

Leaves: opposite, ovate, apex, toothed margins, velvety, size:05×3cm or less

Flower: racemose, diameter:03mm, white with yellow spots, non fragrant

Fruit: capsules globular green into brown, diameter:03mm

Seed: brown numerous, micro granular

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

253 Identify wild plant
20211129_140607.jpg
20211129_140659.jpg
20211129_140436.jpg
20211129_140424.jpg
20211129_140535.jpg
20211129_140740.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 17, 2022, 2:59:41 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211129_141047.jpg
20211129_140929.jpg
20211129_140951.jpg
20211129_140843.jpg
20211129_153438.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 17, 2022, 3:00:25 AM1/17/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

Mazus pumilus (Burm.f.) Steenis !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 17, 2022, 3:00:57 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211129_153424.jpg
20211129_153755.jpg
20211129_153523.jpg
20211129_153546.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 17, 2022, 3:43:33 AM1/17/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it is Mazus pumilus, dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 17, 2022, 5:34:00 AM1/17/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
OK Sam !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 18, 2022, 1:47:41 AM1/18/22
to efloraofindia
Yes M pumilus
Here are differences, I have shared in my post

M. pumilus: Annuals, up to 30 cm tall, stems glabrous or with short hairs; basal leaves usually shed at flowering time; flowers mostly in upper part of inflorescence; calyx lobes ovate, as long as tube, acute; middle lobe of lower lip smaller than lateral lobes; lobes of upper lip triangular-ovate; Lower lip of corolla with shorter orange stripe; capsule globose

M. surculosus: Perennials, up to 8 cm tall, stem with long white hairs;  basal leaves forming a rosette present at flowering time; flowers almost from base of raceme, lax;  calyx lobes 1/3 as long as calyx, broadly ovate with obtuse to subacute tip; middle lobe of lower lip longer than lateral lobes; lobes of upper lip suborbicular; Lower lip of corolla with longer orange stripe; capsule ovoid

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 18, 2022, 2:48:04 AM1/18/22
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
Thank you Gurucharan sir for the validation !

Saroj Kasaju