Neolamarkia cadamba IN FLOWER

Rajendra Shinde

Jul 28, 2009, 1:14:38 PM7/28/09
to indiantreepix Indian
hello,

Neolamarkia cadamba,  Kadamba tree in flowering at my Society (Nerul Navi Mumbai)
 - I had planted small saplings in Aug 2006. Tree has grown quite well - reaching about 2-floor of the building.

Rajendra

--
Dr. Rajendra D. Shinde,
Director, Council of International Programmes,

sibdas

Jul 28, 2009, 2:02:44 PM7/28/09
to indiantreepix
Earlier we had long discussion whether this one is Lord Krishna's
Kadamba. At least in one respect it has got similarity with Lord
Krishna. It has got perhaps 108 names- as Neolamarckia cadamba,
Nauclea cadamba, Anthocepahlus cadamba, A. morindifolia, Nauclea
macrophylla, Neonauclea etc etc.
In any case thanks for beautiful pics.
Lastly , they ahve indeed a scintillating smell, when they flower
profusely.

On Jul 28, 10:14 pm, Rajendra Shinde <rdshi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> *Neolamarkia cadamba*,  Kadamba tree in flowering at my Society (Nerul Navi
>  P7260129.JPG
> 308KViewDownload
>
>  P7260136.JPG
> 166KViewDownload
>
>  P7260131.JPG
> 198KViewDownload

satish phadke

Jul 29, 2009, 10:00:22 AM7/29/09
to sibdas, indiantreepix
Thanks Rajendra ji for posting at proper time as the flowering season is July. Many of us have participated in earlier discussions but some who have not seen it can look for the flowers presently which are nicely blooming in Pune too; and yes I have yet to smell them.
Thanks
Satish Phadke

2009/7/28 sibdas <sibda...@gmail.com>

--