For ID160509 ET 88

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

May 16, 2009, 1:24:50 PM5/16/09
to indiantreepix
Friends
I was at Great Himalayan National Park between 10 to 14th May,2009.
I took this picture there,it is grass family I assume. I took photos
of many flowers, but I like this one most.
Kindly give ID .
Thank you in advance.

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

sibdas

May 16, 2009, 1:39:11 PM5/16/09
to indiantreepix
It is an Iris, seems to be a horticultural var.

On May 16, 10:24 pm, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
>  IMG_0034.JPG
> 93KViewDownload

Tabish

May 16, 2009, 1:40:42 PM5/16/09
to indiantreepix
This could be Iris milesii, native to the Himalayas.
Cheers!
- Tabish

<ethiruvenga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  IMG_0034.JPG
> 93KViewDownload

Farida Abraham

May 16, 2009, 10:58:14 PM5/16/09
to sibdas, indiantreepix
definitrly an iris but cannot give the variety. FA

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 17, 2009, 1:49:39 AM5/17/09
to Farida Abraham, sibdas, indiantreepix
iris sanguinea?
akbhatt
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Sushmita Jha

May 17, 2009, 7:10:03 AM5/17/09
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Farida Abraham, sibdas, indiantreepix
Looking at various photos on google, this looks closer to milesii, as Tabish mentioned earlier. Also because it is native to the Himalayas.

Pls excuse the two-pice bit from a novice!
Sushmita Jha