Ipomoea cairica

J.M. Garg

Apr 24, 2009, 10:46:35 PM4/24/09
to indiantreepix
Near Hyderabad on 18/1/09.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

Ipomoea cairica near Hyderabad I IMG_4798.jpg
Ipomoea cairica near Hyderabad I IMG_4799.jpg
Ipomoea cairica near Hyderabad I IMG_4812.jpg

Sushmita Jha

Apr 25, 2009, 3:38:38 AM4/25/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Hello,
Nice pictures.
Isnt this known as the railway creeper?
Sushmita Jha

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 25, 2009, 4:41:04 AM4/25/09
to Sushmita Jha, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Yes, Sushmita ji, this is known as Railway Creeper.
Best,
Suresh

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2009, 4:57:30 AM4/25/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
More details from Indiantreepix Database:
Ipomoea cairica syn. I. palmata  Convolvulaceae Messina creeper, coast morning glory, Cairo morning glory, railroad creeper, and mile-a-minute vine Coimbatore- Feb.'09;  Ipomoea cairica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 130209 GI Is this Ipomea or Argeyria - indiantreepix | Google Groups http://www.hear.org/starr/plants/images/species/?q=ipomoea+cairica

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 25, 2009, 5:39:14 AM4/25/09
to J.M. Garg, Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Here is my contribution. I made these images today, just outside my locality.
However, flowers' colour is different from your image.
Best,
Suresh C Sharma

Picture-001.jpg
Picture-003.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2009, 9:17:55 AM4/25/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Hi, Suresh ji,
I think colour varies a little bit on light conditions.